Update on cars and death...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took care of my mother for 14 years before she finally had to go in a nursing home a couple of years ago. She passed away on February 1 after being in the hospital with pneumonia for two weeks. When I was driving to VA for the funeral, my 2012 Genesis blew a head gasket. I rented a car while I was up there and then limped home in the Genesis. The dealer kept it for six weeks and put a new long block in it under warranty. The diagnosis was that one head bolt was stripped from the factory and over the course of 55,000 miles the head gasket finally failed at that point because of the incorrect torque.

Anyhow, I traded the Genesis on a 2013 Cadillac ATS, which I'm really enjoying. I also picked up a fun "weekend" car: a mint, low mileage 2008 BMW Z4. Here's a pic:

Cad_BMW.jpg

Sorry for your loss and congrats on the ATS. I had a 2013 too, it was a nice car.

It takes awhile when you lose a parent, seems like you're doing well. Nice cars, enjoy!

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Did your mom have a car and if so why didn't you inherit it?

From the title I thought that was what this would be about.

Sorry for your loss.

A clean black car is always looked great in a picture, a silver car never pop even when clean. The problem with black is hard to keep it clean, you need to wash it every week.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, but I don't know how or why you managed to weave her passing into that post. Have fun with your new cars.

So quality control at Hyundai with their flagship model really wasn't any better than on a low line Accent then...if they cant even be trusted to torque bolts properly.Next time it might be a dangerous part like a ball joint or tie rod....

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, but I don't know how or why you managed to weave her passing into that post.

Because the Genesis blew a head gasket while I was driving to VA for my mom's funeral. When that happened, no matter what Hyundai did to fix it, I knew I was not keeping the car. So, me having a new Cadillac and my mom's death are indirectly tied together because had the head gasket not blown, I would still have the Genesis and this post would have only been about my mom's death.

As for the Z4, I was looking for just such a car before she died and was sharing my search efforts with her. She wanted me to get the red Mercedes SL I'd looked at up in NC. I think she would have liked the Z4.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Sorry for your loss. Enjoy your new rides in good health.

Curious which engine the Genesis had?

3.8 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back