My recently sold house is back on the market, 5 months later

Since 2020 there have been a couple properties that have sold 20 times in that period to now, really not sure of the point

I sold my old place mostly because I needed more outdoor room. That place was about 26,000 sq ft.

New place is about 200,000.

wait for the Cali. folks to chime in, or Seattle...prolly 2 mil :ROFLMAO:
That'll probably be around 1.2-1.5 in my area if it has a 8/10 school or better. To be honest it is always the land and the school, and if it is in a good area this would have been remodeled or torn down rebuild a long time ago instead of in this condition. if torn down rebuild back to 1800sqft it would have been a 2.5M house.

Best thing you ever did is sending your kids to private school. People don’t realize how bad the schools have gotten everywhere.
It really depends where you send your kids to. The private school I went to was worse than the public one my kids are going to. You really have to pay it one way or another (expensive school district or private school tuition).

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I opened my Zillow "Home Report" email only to find an active listing! I sold the place for $245k on August 25th, and it was listed for sale for $250k on January 22nd.

The information in the listing is HILARIOUS to me, as it's chock full of blatant lies:

"Kitchen is newly remodeled" - The kitchen hasn't been touched since 2013, right before I bought the place.

"Electric updated late 2023" - No, a tiny section of knob and tube was replaced in the attic. The electrical was updated in 2013.

"Electric car charger" - No, there's a NEMA 240v OUTLET in the garage that CAN be used with an EVSE

"1/2 bath in lower level ready for finishing" - There's nothing more than a free standing toilet and sink in the unfinished basement.

Here's the listing, in case anyone is curious:

Zillow - Home for Sale

I don't see the new owner getting $250k. Frankly, I think she overpaid @ $245k when she bought it from me, but the check cleared and that's all that matters.
I'd reach pit to the realtor and explain that you were the previous owner and the listing is inaccurate.

The cracks on the structural beam in the basement look gnarly. I’d be getting that checked out if I were the buyer.

oh.. no doubt...
but for a bit of comparison, I'll give you 2 similar shots of my old house...
after it was abandoned, and when they put it up for sale...View attachment 201830

View attachment 201831
That doorway to the family room if you will, reminds me of many houses I rented while in college/grad school in Albany NY.

I just googled 2 of them--1 was built 1892, the other, 1921. First one Zillow says 95k, the second 233k. Different parts of town, but both are 2 family which was common up there.

One day, while living in the 2nd home, someone knocked and said they were an insurance adjustor here to see the fire damage. I said what fire damage? And I think it's funny, when she said, "Can I come in?" I thought, I don't like the slumlord anyway, "Yes you can."

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I opened my Zillow "Home Report" email only to find an active listing! I sold the place for $245k on August 25th, and it was listed for sale for $250k on January 22nd.

The information in the listing is HILARIOUS to me, as it's chock full of blatant lies:

"Kitchen is newly remodeled" - The kitchen hasn't been touched since 2013, right before I bought the place.

"Electric updated late 2023" - No, a tiny section of knob and tube was replaced in the attic. The electrical was updated in 2013.

"Electric car charger" - No, there's a NEMA 240v OUTLET in the garage that CAN be used with an EVSE

"1/2 bath in lower level ready for finishing" - There's nothing more than a free standing toilet and sink in the unfinished basement.

Here's the listing, in case anyone is curious:

Zillow - Home for Sale

I don't see the new owner getting $250k. Frankly, I think she overpaid @ $245k when she bought it from me, but the check cleared and that's all that matters.
Don’t try and intervene. The lies told in current sales listing could be blamed on you if this person is shifty.

It really depends where you send your kids to. The private school I went to was worse than the public one my kids are going to. You really have to pay it one way or another (expensive school district or private school tuition).
Or you can homeschool for free and live where you want. An often overlooked 3rd option...

Huge pieces of wood do that after they have been drying for 120 some years.
I find that fir structural beams up here commonly crack along the neutral plan in the middle of the beam. I found a way to deal with the cosmetic damage.

1. Fill the crack with Lepage PL 400 Sub-floor adhesive or equivalent so it doesn’t quite rise above the surface of the beam. It doesn’t have to be perfect and gaps are OK.
2. Let it cure for 3 days.
3. Take a plane and scrape any of the dried epoxy that rises above the wood surface.
4. Buy a can of Lepage plastic wood or equivalent and cover the dried epoxy.
5. Let dry a day.
6. Use a sander and sand the plastic wood to be level with the beam.
7. Stain the entire beam with a solid dark stain of your choice. I find it will not crack again and looks pretty good. At least, potential buyers will not freak out about the cracks.

F5CAF21D-5C51-4915-889E-9193CEB47A1E.jpg

Last edited:
I think a template was pulled to create listing and needs some tweaks. The EV hookup is dead simple if 240V exists in garage but who wants to explain that. Also it differs if you own Tesla vs other makers what plugs into it.

It does appear renovated to me , again details of exact one not specific.

Back