UOA 2018 Prius Prime 38500KM on Vehicle 7000KM for interval TGMO 0W-20

firstUOA.png

This UOA goes along with my first ever Oil Change, and my first ever twist on oil filter exploration. It may have been a 7000km/6month change interval but I doubt the engine ran for more than 2000km of that.

Some interesting things there and I'll admit I am still a novice and learning. I am going to take a wild guess the Silicone is still from break in as I've only run 900 Liters of fuel through this engine in 3.5 years.

I am curious if the viscosity might be from them putting a 0W-16 in at the last fill instead of the 0W-20. As at my last service the tech ticked 0W-16 but when I went to talk to the service advisor, they assured it was fine lol. The '18 calls for. The '19+ have the same engine but run 0W-16. Any insight would be appreciated.

It dawns on me during this OCI, I had a mouse nest in my car that the shop cleaned up, I guess they had to remove components to clean it adequately so dirt could have gotten in I would postulate.
A little fuel (NBD), with some dirt to worry about. Check the seal on the air filter.

. I'll worry about it if it's similar next UOA. But I have already checked the engine air filter, and it is fitted correctly and OEM 6 months old.

Back