Unknown filter cut - Champ?

My neighbor is moving, and said I could have some oil and filters he had in his garage. There was a Fram for a Honda, and two of these white filters he bought for his lawn tractor (he couldn't remember where) but the mower had a V-Twin Briggs and Stratton engine. The filters are completely unmarked, and the boxes he had were also unmarked. They look to be some sort of Champ by the base plate I'm thinking. They look decent enough, so I will probably use the other one on a Briggs mower engine.

IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg

AA stamped on baseplate and one larger hole would seem to be indicative of a Champ Labs made filter. The coil spring is a little off brand but could be because it comes off an OPE filter manufacturing line. Generic looking for sure. Looks ok for shorty OPE filter.

A first for me. A gloved virgin cut and post. You can never be to careful these days 😁
Thanks for the sterile c&p... and pictures 📸
Yeah I actually was working on a mower and greasing it when I decided to cut this open, so just left the gloves on. My filter cutter is pretty grimy as well. Can never be too careful with those brand new filters. :LOL:

I will say the can was fairly thick on this filter, it took a bit of effort to cut it open. I should've measured it with the caliper but didn't think of it at the time.

Could it be anymore plain in the "Whitebox category".:LOL: Does look good & still interesting to see how it ticks. Thanks for sharing.

Back