University of Texas college students publish a map they drew of Canada

Haha!

As a Canadian living in Toronto for 31 years and travelling to a plethora of countries and cities, I can confirm that Torontonians think they’re the best thing since sliced bread. However many people think that way about their city, no harm done.

If NYC started eating cleaner and exercised you’d have Toronto, well that’s how I see it. We have our issues here just like any major city (guns, drug use, homelessness, housing etc) but I’d say it’s not as bad as the U.S (no offence). I’ve seen poverty, violence and drug use in cities like NYC, L.A, Chicago, S.F and Phoneix and it makes Toronto look like a new hire. I was shook. Don’t get me started on Phili. But then again, the pop in the US is almost ten times the size of Can.

As for the Queen, I’m on the fence. She had her good and bad traits. I have more respect for America fighting off their rule and being independent. The monarchy is outdated and is a relic of a time long gone. The monarchy in England has done nothing to retain sanity within its borders so I don’t know why everyone claps like seals when they walk by. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s more symbolic than anything.

Haha!

As a Canadian living in Toronto for 31 years and travelling to a plethora of countries and cities, I can confirm that Torontonians think they’re the best thing since sliced bread. However many people think that way about their city, no harm done.

If NYC started eating cleaner and exercised you’d have Toronto, well that’s how I see it. We have our issues here just like any major city (guns, drug use, homelessness, housing etc) but I’d say it’s not as bad as the U.S (no offence). I’ve seen poverty, violence and drug use in cities like NYC, L.A, Chicago, S.F and Phoneix and it makes Toronto look like a new hire. I was shook. Don’t get me started on Phili. But then again, the pop in the US is almost ten times the size of Can.

As for the Queen, I’m on the fence. She had her good and bad traits. I have more respect for America fighting off their rule and being independent. The monarchy is outdated and is a relic of a time long gone. The monarchy in England has done nothing to retain sanity within its borders so I don’t know why everyone claps like seals when they walk by. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s more symbolic than anything.
I've always considered the US and Canada as brother countries-one left home, the other one stayed. Still family, & always have each other's back! 🇨🇦🇲🇾

I've always considered the US and Canada as brother countries-one left home, the other one stayed. Still family, & always have each other's back! 🇨🇦🇲🇾
Always. I love the U.S. Was born in Canada but parents came from India in the early 70s in their early teens with their families.

The world paints the U.S as some pot of racist bigots that hate anyone that’s not white. Never further from the truth. I’ve never experienced a shred of racism in the US. Matter of fact I’ve been verbally attacked in Canada more for having brown skin. Americans are some of the, if not most, friendly people I’ve met.

Every country has their dunce caps, doesn’t matter how progressive they claim to be. The Canada and US relationship is the strongest in the world, and I hope it stays that way forever.

GON, I have to disagree. I'm not Tex but I have family and friends in Plano and Burelson. My uncle was a Red Raider! When I meet a Tex there is only 1 important question...

HORNS or aggie. From the lack of punctuation, it's clear I'm a HORN!
I've spent my whole life in Ohio, but I guess I'd have to go with Horns? I think? My brother worked at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas for 20-ish years, so...yeah..
up here I'm definitely Bobcats over Buckeyes....
The 2.5 yrs I lived in Columbus REALLY cemented my hatred of Ohio State and Esp. their more toxic Fans...

only been up there a few times, but I've always def. felt "at home" in Canada.

by a few times I mean 3.
one of Mom's HS girlfriends used to live In London, and now in Guelph, 2 visits to her house(es) a couple decades apart, and a Family vacation/fishing trip to Rice Lake / Peterborough in the late 90's

by a few times I mean 3.
one of Mom's HS girlfriends used to live In London, and now in Guelph, 2 visits to her house(es) a couple decades apart, and a Family vacation/fishing trip to Rice Lake / Peterborough in the late 90's
Nice! Guelph is a beautiful place, went to uni there. London is also a nice uni town which is growing quickly due to affordable housing.

by a few times I mean 3.
Not many as friendly as the Far East - of Canada that is - where I’ll turn out the lights tonight …
“Long may your big jib draw” ⚓

Back