University of Texas college students publish a map they drew of Canada

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Picture1.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't the majority of Canadians view residents of SW Ontario as displaced Americans? Toronto is well known as the :second city".
I lived in Windsor Ontario for 1 year, and this area does take alot of their influences from Detroit, the music, the news, their history. However once you are out of Essex county the USA associations dwindle. I lived in Toronto for 4 years, and can confirm that city thinks the sun shines out of their collective a$$. Hate the place.

IT wasn't always like this. Over a few decades, they embraced some policies that have drawn a higher % of those that require heavy resources. Not exactly the recipe for thriving in a city with limited resources. It's not a CA or US only issue; large number of cities worldwide have, let's say, gone from thriving to barely surviving. Common denominator is similar policies.

Last edited by a moderator:
GON, I have to disagree. I'm not Tex but I have family and friends in Plano and Burelson. My uncle was a Red Raider! When I meet a Tex there is only 1 important question...

HORNS or aggie. From the lack of punctuation, it's clear I'm a HORN!
Biscuit,

I found humor in the graphic for this reason. I work in Texas from time to time and have listened to some lifelong residents of Texas whose families have lived in Texas for generations, being interviewed. I enjoyed hearing their thoughts on Texas and the USA in general.

One quote from this lifelong Texas resident and gubernatorial candidate really was eye opening" The people of Texas feel they have much more in common with the people of Mexico City that with the people of New York City".

I moved to Lees Summit from NJ 3 years ago, that's what i call a lot of my fellow citizens here lol.
Even our incoming US Senator could be called that . In the upcoming election One is Red and One is blue and they are both racists IMO

Thought this was a humor post. Maybe that's why most of America cares little about Texas, New York, and California.
I already know I live in the " State of Misery"
I will be working in MO this upcoming Thursday and Friday. My thoughts on MO are very simple. Don't do something bad in rural MO. If one does, they may disappear, and no suspects will ever be identified. There are no "rats" in rural MO.

I will be working in MO this upcoming Thursday and Friday. My thoughts on MO are very simple. Don't do something bad in rural MO. If one does, they may disappear, and no suspects will ever be identified. There are no "rats" in rural MO.
But there is suspicious looking "ground beef" in rural grocery stores.

Like many Americans, I admired Elizabeth, but still think Charles a bit of a twit.

We would’ve been much more amenable to joining with Elizabeth as head of state…
Something tells me King Charles III grew up this week. I thought his 9 minute address to his nation was quite good.

Back