Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S DT - any experience?

Looking at a pair of these for a Volvo wagon. These appear to be a newer design; I searched and found comments on the AWP but these are different.

They will be summer only tires and have dedicated snows. Priorities are thus really only dry/wet traction (very wet fall weather here). It is a turbo and I have tuned the suspension a bit and drive it firmly once in a while, but I'm not likely to upgrade the turbo and tune it on this car, so very high hp/torque handling is not required and the tires in question are H rated.

Wondering if anyone has used these in the year or two they've been out. I understand they are made in Indiana (so was I coincidentally), and Michelin has run Uniroyal since the early 90s. Currently the car has near-new Michelin Defenders on it which perform well, but I need larger wheels and lower profile tires on it now and thus the change.

I haven't had Tiger Paws, but the Uniroyal Laredo was my go-to tire when I had my Chevy Colorado. Rode well, wore well, quiet, price was great. I used to buy them at BJs Wholesale club.

Someone else posted about Tiger Paw's a while back and said they were different but when I look at mine the only difference I see is mine say M&S and the newer ones say A/S other wise the tread pattern is identical, my date code is 0313. Maybe the compounds they use to make them have changed 🤷‍♂️

The only grip I have with them is they get noisy when it gets cold, other wise they seem fine. They came on my Lucerne and aren't bad enough to swap out.

Back