Under valve cover pictures 80s GM 350 v8

Had to replace the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, wires etc., and could not pass on the opportunity to snap a couple (bad) pictures.

This 1985 unit has 118k miles. It’s equipped with a V-8 350, and 3 speed automatic (th350?) Could not tell you the slightest history on oil changes except for the first few years of its life it was a fleet truck for a railroad. Then it was sold off to a private party who let it sit for about 18 years under a carport.. it was bought running though and the oil was changed about three times over the last year or so to clean the system

My thoughts are I was shocked how clean everything is! For 80s oil class vehicle the engine really does appear not to have any sludge or varnish. The engine actually runs really well and does not burn oil. 😃

For the curious folks, currently a simple conventional 5w30 is in the crank case, not gonna lie, tried synthetic and it literally leaked out of every gasket 😂

The valve cover, spark plug and all the miscellaneous tune up parts were a success also 🎉

C933EDEE-C952-49D7-95C1-A3E1451DC3B3.jpeg
FB4B7ACD-CC3A-4A46-8EDE-13216CF9FB55.jpeg
2E5E093A-FCA6-481F-906D-AD9DDE52BEB0.jpeg
A9B5F1E2-FD0E-454A-B77C-B115E9071531.jpeg

That's a neat looking truck! Being a fleet truck, it's probably been maintained. Pretty sure the P30 chassis had the TH400 trans.

For whatever reason, GM people of that era and into the 90s didn't believe in any maintenance. Oil changes included. I will always have respect for GM stuff for managing to put up with the owners neglect.

Wonder if that is a 4 bolt 350?

From what I've seen, any 305 or 350 is a fore bolt mane tree fiddy.

That's a neat looking truck! Being a fleet truck, it's probably been maintained. Pretty sure the P30 chassis had the TH400 trans.

For whatever reason, GM people of that era and into the 90s didn't believe in any maintenance. Oil changes included. I will always have respect for GM stuff for managing to put up with the owners neglect.

From what I've seen, any 305 or 350 is a fore bolt mane tree fiddy.
Always an lt-1 out of a Corvette too.

Thanks for the pictures!!

What are you doing with this truck?
Can you take the rail adapter thingee off and save some weight or would that make it tippy?

Back