Uncle Tony's Garage - Cuba, here we come!

I've never seen this channel before, but I found this video quite interesing.
The host "Tony" addresses the long term implications of the $5600 F150 tail light video (that's been posted here a few times).
Even if you don't like him, I found the comments quite interesting.

That's sad.
There's nothing harmful/political/negative about the video.
:(
I didn't watch the video but I know of him, he is a chill guy and just like every other human being he sometimes gets stuff wrong, I will continue to watch his videos whenever interesting ones pop up for me.

O2,

Thanks for posting the video, yes very thought provoking. My takeaway is he is forward visualizing mechanics will be designing work arounds against proprietary automotive technology, the way current diesel tuners are able to bypass the DPF systems on late model diesel trucks.

The issue is- will big tech through lobbyist/ legislation be able to, by law, prevent mechanics from designing and implementing systems/ controls that negate the high tech licensing agreements.

Modern Auto Dismantlers already know far and away what he has said.

In many other countries there are no traditional junkyards as we know them here in the U.S. Instead of parking a wreck or non-runner in a fenced off field and selling parts piece meal, they dismantle the whole vehicle into assemblies, sub-assemblies, and specific part groups and package them for ready sale and shipment.

Used part providers are going to become much more profitable as the industry of ICE cars shifts to EVs.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
He made a video saying ported vacuum advance was correct... I simply commented ported vacuum is for smoggers; no thank you.
Just some simple back yard testing will show anyone with a few braincells very clearly that an engine runs worse with the vacuum advance on the "ported vacuum" as opposed to running it on manifold vacuum.

Back