Unbelievable 18 Hour Detail On Filthy Kia Minivan

I’ve watched his videos before and they’re interesting (except for the time lapse music, that’s torture to my ears) and other videos from the “just rolled in” channel and some of the cars shown are full of bugs and mold and looks like it’s used as a dumpster. I don’t understand how people can let their cars get like that. You won’t even find a stray french fry in mine.

While we are critiquing - im also surprised he didn't pull the carpet to dry it, and by the amount of water he used. He was spraying some sort of sensor on one of the seat tracks (admittedly it looked pretty well sealed) and there was some sort of module in the center console, the console was soaking wet not sure about the module...
The amount of water he uses on the carpeting always concerns me as does the steam he uses on the dash. How does he dry these vehicles out so they don't become mold greenhouses?

I've seen some nasty vehicles in my time; I know they exist. I've seen them in person, and I see them in pictures.

That said, the rate at which this guy (and other YouTubers) pull in cars like this really isn't believable (to me at least). If it were one every 6-12 months that's one thing, but he's got a bunch of them like this on the channel.

They bring in a lot of views, and as a result a lot of money....so there's real incentive to keep trying to outdo the last.

I don’t understand how people can let their cars get like that. You won’t even find a stray french fry in mine.

I don't either. But they do. I don't eat or drink anything in my vehicles. Most of these people have a ton of kids, and they're always "too busy" to worry about car care. As long as it starts, they're good to go.

If they let the exterior and interior get that bad, try to imagine the last time that thing had an oil and filter change.

The amount of water he uses on the carpeting always concerns me as does the steam he uses on the dash. How does he dry these vehicles out so they don't become mold greenhouses?

When I met my wife she was driving a 1976 Camaro. She had floor mats, but they were, "pre Weathertech" Wal-Mart specials. In the Winter she dragged a lot of snow into the interior floor, from getting in and out of the vehicle from snow and salted slop covered parking spaces. It melted and soaked through to the carpet underneath.

The floor eventually rotted through completely, to where you could see the road going by underneath, turning it into a Fred Flintstone Special. I had to cut a piece of plywood to fit, and screwed it in with brackets to whatever virgin metal I could find. (There wasn't much), until she got rid of it.

Yet another reason I'm glad I got the hell out of the Midwest.

Bet their house looks the same........disgusting.

I've known couples through the years, who have raised a pack of rug rats, in close chronological order of ages, and they just give up on everything until the kids all get old enough. And finally grow out of that age where they tend to train wreck everything they come into contact with.

Car interiors, carpeting, furniture, crayons on the walls, Kitchen floors that stick to the soles of your shoes. Crap everywhere. Name it and they just put up with it, until the kids get old enough to where they can fix everything, and it somewhat stays fixed.

I could NEVER live like that, but I've known a lot of couples who have. It did reinforce our thinking NOT to have kids. My wife is a neat and clean freak. I'm not quite as bad as her, (she uses Q-Tips detailing the interior of our vehicles). But if you're that way, having kids can really take a toll on you. Because all you end up doing is cleaning up after them, and it's usually a losing battle.

I've known couples through the years, who have raised a pack of rug rats, in close chronological order of ages, and they just give up on everything until the kids all get old enough. And finally grow out of that age where they tend to train wreck everything they come into contact with.

Car interiors, carpeting, furniture, crayons on the walls, Kitchen floors that stick to the soles of your shoes. Crap everywhere. Name it and they just put up with it, until the kids get old enough to where they can fix everything, and it somewhat stays fixed.

I could NEVER live like that, but I've known a lot of couples who have. It did reinforce our thinking NOT to have kids. My wife is a neat and clean freak. I'm not quite as bad as her, (she uses Q-Tips detailing the interior of our vehicles). But if you're that way, having kids can really take a toll on you. Because all you end up doing is cleaning up after them, and it's usually a losing battle.
Before the detail;
"Mommy, I want some French fries from MCDS!"
"I'm busy! Go to the van and get some."
I wonder if they were ever on HOARDERS?

People like these are why I don't take part in potlucks. Imagine what their kitchen might look like.
One of my post-high school jobs was as a car detailer at a Pontiac dealership. You wouldn't believe the horror. We had cars and trucks come in that we just had to remove the seats to get all the crud out. It was just easier. It's why to this day I don't allow food and drink in my car. We shampooed the hell out of those carpets and seats, and sucked the water out as good as we could with the high-powered shop vacs we had, but we still had to park them out in the sun with the windows down. To my recollection, we never had a mold issue, but this was Wyoming, versus one of the southern swamp states. When I have shampooed my own personal carpets, I've mixed in some isopropyl alcohol to keep the bacteria under control. Turned out to make a pretty good solvent too, those carpets were brilliantly clean.

A hint to parents, your child is not going to starve to death without that pile of Cheerios. The same applies to you and those french fries.

People like these are why I don't take part in potlucks. Imagine what their kitchen might look like.
One of my post-high school jobs was as a car detailer at a Pontiac dealership. You wouldn't believe the horror. We had cars and trucks come in that we just had to remove the seats to get all the crud out. It was just easier. It's why to this day I don't allow food and drink in my car. We shampooed the hell out of those carpets and seats, and sucked the water out as good as we could with the high-powered shop vacs we had, but we still had to park them out in the sun with the windows down. To my recollection, we never had a mold issue, but this was Wyoming, versus one of the southern swamp states. When I have shampooed my own personal carpets, I've mixed in some isopropyl alcohol to keep the bacteria under control. Turned out to make a pretty good solvent too, those carpets were brilliantly clean.

A hint to parents, your child is not going to starve to death without that pile of Cheerios. The same applies to you and those french fries.

It's much the same deal here. I don't care how wet you get the interior carpeting. Leave the vehicle out in the Sun with the windows all down, when it's 118 F with 3% relative humidity, and that carpet will be bone dry in a single afternoon.

I stopped watching this guy and Stauffer Garage because I feel these cars are staged.

I stopped watching this guy and Stauffer Garage because I feel these cars are staged.
I don't see how one could "stage" dried yogurt, along with everything else, to the degree that vehicle had. That would take more time and effort than the cleanup process. Never underestimate the ability of people to be disgusting slobs. They'll rise to the challenge, and exceed your expectations every time.

Looks like the kind of neglect I see with my sister.

Junkyard interior, tires down to the cords, brakes on the rivets, dashboard lit up like vegas.

Over and over and over again.

Love her, but she utterly destroys vehicles.

I don't see how one could "stage" dried yogurt, along with everything else, to the degree that vehicle had. That would take more time and effort than the cleanup process. Never underestimate the ability of people to be disgusting slobs. They'll rise to the challenge, and exceed your expectations every time.

Thats true, but some of the other ones look like someone just threw a bucket of mud down the side. Perhaps "enhanced for entertainment" is a better phrase.

Back