Unacceptable carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Be happy that you live in a state that allows open carry.

Only an idiot open carries.

Most people should not carry..period.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

The gun haters had exploding heads predicting shoot-outs in the streets and blood running in the gutters when Arizona passed constitutional carry.

Nothing different happened. N O T H I N G. The media had a big build up and had nothing to report.
....otherwise carry on.

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Be happy that you live in a state that allows open carry.

Only an idiot open carries.

Most people should not carry..period.

Agreed.

I feel the same way about open carry. Don't advertise, you might be the first target when something goes down.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: bioburner
ND just passed constitutional carry, no more permits. I'm going to be staying at the Red River Valley fairgrounds for the next week. Should be interesting.

The gun haters had exploding heads predicting shoot-outs in the streets and blood running in the gutters when Arizona passed constitutional carry.

Nothing different happened. N O T H I N G. The media had a big build up and had nothing to report.

Same thing when carry in restaurants and bars passed. No predicted wild west shoot outs. Nothing.

Go camping and don't worry about it.

Be vigilant for the ones like the subject of this thread, otherwise carry on.

That isn't quite true. There are plenty of problems emerging from the brave new world of conceal/open carry...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/open-carry-laws/436665/
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/opinion/concealed-carrys-body-count.html

Conceal and open carry isn't as benign as many are erroneously led to believe by lobby groups. I've been a member of the NRA since I was a boy and it was a simple gun/hunting safety group. But that does not mean I think we should not require training and psyc tests for conceal or open carry. It should require as much training as a CDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back