Taurus PT-92 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Own both brands and I'll never buy another Taurus again. Big mistake in purchasing a Taurus PT 111 G2 (9mm). An absolutely horrid combo trigger.

This comment desrves no space wasted here.

The PT-111 shares two things in common with the PT-92:
1) name
2) It's a semi-auto pistol

There's absolutely ZERO point trying to compare them.

Having said all that,
I have a very early built PT-92 built on the original Beretta tooling,
and it's a *perfect* pistol.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Own both brands and I'll never buy another Taurus again. Big mistake in purchasing a Taurus PT 111 G2 (9mm). An absolutely horrid combo trigger.

This comment desrves no space wasted here.

The PT-111 shares two things in common with the PT-92:
1) name
2) It's a semi-auto pistol

There's absolutely ZERO point trying to compare them.

Having said all that,
I have a very early built PT-92 built on the original Beretta tooling,
and it's a *perfect* pistol.

It’s fashionable to bash Taurus on the Internet. The questionable reputation Taurus has may be well-deserved due to some pistols they make being “not great” and there do seem to be lots of reports of poor customer service. I’m not arguing that. I do believe that the PT-92 doesn’t deserve to be grouped in with their other pistols, due to its unique history.

Own a PT92 stainless. Have had it less than a year. It's an excellent gun. Own a PT111 G2 as well. There's not a better comparable gun out there for the same price. Note the active word there..."same".

I had a Taurus back in the eighties when they first came out. At 50k the tranny blew and it started leaking oil. Sold it and bought a smith and Wesson. Actually I will consider a Taurus when their new U.S. manufacturing plant opens. Supposed to break ground in September.

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
I had a Taurus back in the eighties when they first came out. At 50k the tranny blew and it started leaking oil. Sold it and bought a smith and Wesson. Actually I will consider a Taurus when their new U.S. manufacturing plant opens. Supposed to break ground in September.

Where?

Just curious if you bought a 92, you seemed quite interested. The one Beretta pistol I do own has been absolutely flawless (Cougar 8040). Can't argue with that. But, I can say the same about taurus pistols I own. Makes not one bit of difference to me if you purchased one or the other or neither, just wondered.

Originally Posted By: Sonic
Just curious if you bought a 92, you seemed quite interested. The one Beretta pistol I do own has been absolutely flawless (Cougar 8040). Can't argue with that. But, I can say the same about taurus pistols I own. Makes not one bit of difference to me if you purchased one or the other or neither, just wondered.

I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back