Umm...just a little overpriced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just a bit overpriced:

Using the link feature is your friend.

crackmeup2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive Time is a generally bad place to buy a car anyway. Do they even sell cars outright? That must be the with interest price; I'm surprised it isn't a payment listed instead.

They give you a deal of a lifetime (50% off) and have some folks walking away smiling and still raking them over the coals.

I would not pay over $3000 for a Cavalier irrelevant to miles and age.

I DESPISE Drive Time, they are crooks IMO. The loans they write should be illegal, and their prices are ridiculous.

My daughter went there once, got hooked real good. DON"T DO IT!

The most important thing to learn when buying any car is when to walk away!

I'll bet an old lady drove that to Church on Sunday, LOL!

Talk about a hose job.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Drive Time is a generally bad place to buy a car anyway. Do they even sell cars outright? That must be the with interest price; I'm surprised it isn't a payment listed instead.

I think you're right.
12.3K for an old Cavi that isn't in any way exceptional?
That isn't very much less than you could buy a brand new low end car for.
A buyer would have to be deperate for a useable car and have really bad credit to bite on this.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I think you're right.
12.3K for an old Cavi that isn't in any way exceptional?
That isn't very much less than you could buy a brand new low end car for.
A buyer would have to be deperate for a useable car and have really bad credit to bite on this.

The scary part about that is I paid way less than that for mine 10 years ago! I can see someone trying for 5 or 6 (if it's in really good shape) but 12?? I just lol'd at that one...what is sad is that some poor soul will buy it...

A local Honda dealer by me is selling a 2008 base Honda Civic with automatic with 92,000 miles for $11,500.

Another great "deal" is a 2009 Honda CR-V with 60,000 miles for $19,885.

Used car prices are off the wall in this economy. This is why I bought new in 2011. I couldn't bring myself to plunk down a few thousand less for a used car with 30-40k miles on it when I could brand new especially when I personally know some people who've traded in these "new" cars with 30k miles which were complete lemons and the dealers couldn't figure out the problems which plagued them.

Last edited:
Im beginning to think that I am allowing my trades to go to cheaply. I paid less 6 months ago for a brand new F150 then some of the 8-10 year old trucks in those listings.

Too late to edit my previous post, but I went ahead and searched newer vehicles. Found some smoking deals on a couple of 2012 F150s. Both are north of 200,000 miles, and the asking prices are in the same range as what I paid for my current truck.

DEAL 1

DEAL 2

Im sure whoever ends up with these will feel that they acheived a great deal and will brag about it to their friends.

Do you really think a 1 year old truck would have 200,000+ miles on it. Those are obvious typos. The first one even lists the correct mileage in the description.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Too late to edit my previous post, but I went ahead and searched newer vehicles. Found some smoking deals on a couple of 2012 F150s. Both are north of 200,000 miles, and the asking prices are in the same range as what I paid for my current truck.

DEAL 1

DEAL 2

Im sure whoever ends up with these will feel that they acheived a great deal and will brag about it to their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back