Ultimate sludge cleaning.

Kreen evaporates once engine gets heated, I have personal used it on a Benz with OM606 indirect diesel engine with almost 300k mi!es with great results. Have also used in Benz OM648 engine with direct injection and only 100k miles but it didn't had much improvement. The OM606 was sludged and had a morning injector knock and it was gone (used 1/2 qrt in diesel tank) By the way there is a no questions asked money back guarantee. You also get Kroil penetration aerosol free and it is the best you can buy. I have no financial interest in Karo Labs.
They make some good products, and their guarantee is second to none.

To the guy putting la's totally awesome in a car engine. Please stay away from vehicles. I don't even know where to start with the lecture. Remove the oil pan and clean the pickup. Pouring degreaser into an engine is insanity. I'm at a loss for words with such reckless behavior.

If I wanted to clean an engine I would introduce esters like Archoil,Redline,Amsoil or others at a lower concentration. If I did a flush it would be Gumout Multitune at a interval of 5 minutes,drain, and run PPHM for 15 minutes and flush .

Wonder if 50-50 or 60-40 Rislone and HM synth for a couple hundred would do the trick....

Somebody should try it (not me I'd be biased ;))and report back!

Waiting until your oil is black is one way to promote sludge. The other way is to mess with your cranckcase ventilation system so it is not working.

The thing that I can never understand is how people can own a car that costs over $25K and they're too cheap to change the oil for $50-$60 twice a year.

Back in the early eighties my dealer carried BMW's and Volvo's and every single time I was there they had two or three BMW's with seized camshafts with around 30K to 35K miles on the clock. One day I made a comment about how glad I owned a Volvo after seeing all those BMW's with serious engine issues. The service manager said BMW makes a great motor you just have to change the oil occasionally.

You see the rich husband would by wifey a BMW and the last oil change these cars got was the free 600-1200 mile break-in oil change. These wives would only put gas in the cars and never brought the cars back for their 5,000 mile oil changes.

That was when I became very impressed that these BMW's got to 30K miles on their very first oil change before the motor said uncle.

It became such an issue, that my dealer wrote the date and mileage on the oil filter of every car getting an oil change. People would lie their asses off saying they had the oil changed regularly somewhere else when there was an oil related issue and they wanted the manufacture to cover the repair. Hard to continue to lie when the tech looks at the filter housing and it was the same oem filter they installed 15,000 miles and a year and half ago.

Because people are not 'drivers' anymore. Used to be, to own and drive a car you needed to know a little bit about how things worked. These days, people expect their cars to be appliances, get in, and go. Follow what the manual says and no more. Probably the main reason we have OLM's these days. Who looks at a manual for their service interval? No one, that's who. Harder to ignore a blinking light on the dash. When they break, you get another one. Folks like most members of this board are in an ever-shrinking minority that actually knows and cares about how things work and want to protect the investment they have in the car.

The pic's of the engine did not look good, but they really didn't look that bad either. I question whether this guy was told the "engine is unsaveable" or if he was told it was a really dirty project. It was definitely abused a bit but nothing that some regular, short interval oil changes and something like Rislone wouldn't have helped...

The pic's of the engine did not look good, but they really didn't look that bad either. I question whether this guy was told the "engine is unsaveable" or if he was told it was a really dirty project. It was definitely abused a bit but nothing that some regular, short interval oil changes and something like Rislone wouldn't have helped...
It would take a similar amount of money in oil and Rislone, but a whole lot more time and miles, to get to the same cleanliness. But with this BG stuff it's usually a 1 day thing.

It would take a similar amount of money in oil and Rislone, but a whole lot more time and miles, to get to the same cleanliness. But with this BG stuff it's usually a 1 day thing.
No, not really. You still have to change the oil after the BG service anyways and Rislone is like $4.50 a qt. Over the course of a few OCI's the engine would have been cleaned....

I'm not saying BG might be worthwhile in some circumstances, but this video is just marketing crap. They clearly exaggerated the condition of the engine, it wasn't really that bad to begin with. There wasn't even anything much in the filters after draining...

No, not really. You still have to change the oil after the BG service anyways and Rislone is like $4.50 a qt. Over the course of a few OCI's the engine would have been cleaned....

I'm not saying BG might be worthwhile in some circumstances, but this video is just marketing crap. They clearly exaggerated the condition of the engine, it wasn't really that bad to begin with. There wasn't even anything much in the filters after draining...

Seriously, products that aggressively clean the engine are common, but aren't we of the "too fast is dangerous and may harm seals, etc" opinion?

Seriously, products that aggressively clean the engine are common, but aren't we of the "too fast is dangerous and may harm seals, etc" opinion?
If left in the engine - yes. But if followed BG's instructions and drained immediately after use, while hot, then according to BG it won't harm anything. It will however open up the existing gaps and holes in the gaskets, that were previously clogged by sludge. That also tends to happen when going from a conventional oils to synthetics.

Back