Two women already camping out to save $300 on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Don't these idiots have a job ?

I guess $300 bucks is a lot of money for them.

Fixed income - no.

$300 is more than I would care to spend and that's a small portion of what I bring home in a week.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Went "Black Friday" shopping last year Thanksgiving night for the first time. Scored some nice sunglasses, a few movies and a video game. We must have missed the main hoards because it was actually pretty relaxed.

No way would I sit outside like some out of work toad. The women say $300 is a lot to save? Even at minimum wage between the two of them, $300 in 3 weeks is very easily obtainable. They're most likely on sucking on the government cow.

My mom works in retail, so I usually end up running her to work thursday night / friday morning.

One year I decided to drive over to the Best Buy and take a picture. Almost didn't end well, they started yelling and surrounding the car.

Good marketing. They were told that there would be a good deal on Friday and they believed it. Without marketing lots of people would have no idea what they like or need. Credit cards were invented to bridge the gap between marketing and cash on hand. After black Friday they will be told what to purchase, next. Every 8 years they can erase their debts and start over. In the mean time they can always fall back on their welfare checks, food stamps and when they need a pay raise just have another kid. Just make sure you do your part on April 15 by paying your taxes. It's a give and take system. We give and they take.

I am a disabled vet, my wife and I are on a fixed income.

With that said, I have no need to camp out to save $300 bucks on a TV, nor does my wife. We live somewhat modestly but still live very well, at least we think so.

This camping out for the latest phone, TV, or whatever is just crazy.

BTW, according to the Drs. scales we may live a little to well.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
I am a disabled vet, my wife and I are on a fixed income.

With that said, I have no need to camp out to save $300 bucks on a TV, nor does my wife. We live somewhat modestly but still live very well, at least we think so.

This camping out for the latest phone, TV, or whatever is just crazy.

BTW, according to the Drs. scales we may live a little to well.

Well said!

Maybe I'm just a bit too sentimental, but I think stores opening on Thanksgiving Day to kick off the avarice taints the whole concept of Thanksgiving. I look at it as a day to be thankful for non-material things.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Maybe I'm just a bit too sentimental, but I think stores opening on Thanksgiving Day to kick off the avarice taints the whole concept of Thanksgiving. I look at it as a day to be thankful for non-material things.

If you're being thankful for nonmaterial things ... then you aren't buying material things!

Exactly. So, I get a bit depressed about people encouraging the behavior by running out on Turkey Day to spend money. Obviously, I am not a proper capitalist. All I can control is my own behavior. Even that's a stretch at times. 8-D

In the past I've gone to Pep Boys cause they gave out $20 gift card to the first 50 customers.

One year I was about to go to two different stores in my area for $50 worth of gift cards. Now that is a Black Friday deal.
smile.gif

The question I have is: Is there anyone ELSE in line with them right now? Seems like they could've accomplished the same thing and got to be first in line by getting there one week early, and saved themselves 2 weeks of their lives. Then again, they apparently have no lives to begin with.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
In a word, Losers. A pair of them.

I'm glad somebody said it.
Why wouldn't they just take a look daily and see if anyone has gotten in line yet. And once someone else gets there then start camping out,not that I even understand to be honest.

I've got a 60" plasma that I paid for. I've got 3 Sony 34" that I got for free off of kijiji for my kids and their video games and the bedrooms. The picture on them is fantastic,almost as good as my plasma(1080p) and they were free.
No camping out,sleep in my own bed,eat home cooked meals.
Camping out in a parking lot sounds absolutely absurd to me.
Just think. They save 12 bucks a day for every day they are out there.
Might as well panhandle while they are there. Then they get the TV for free.
People never cease to amaze me.

I find this actually sad. You have the working poor that are pulled away from their families to work on Thanksgiving, and then the poor waiting in line to buy this [censored]. It's like tossing 10 $100 bills up in the air to a huge crowd that is completely broke and poor.

I was a Walmart on Easter Sunday and asked any employee if they got paid extra for working the holiday.

I was told they didn't get paid extra. It sucks to be a wage slave.

Originally Posted By: Artem
I feel the goal here is to get on the news / tv more then anything. I bet next year we'll hear of someone camping out since October and then September the following year. These idiots have nothing better to do.

I honestly have NEVER even gotten up early to go Black Friday shopping. Heck, I don't even remember the last time I went to the store on Black Friday. I usually spend that crazy day indoors eating leftovers. Haha.

I do my best to do the same -- or if I go out, it's to hit a movie. The 11 am showings are usually not too crowded.

On my favorite Black Friday, in Denver, I drove the MB 280CE west on I-70 up into the mountains, turned off onto the old US 6, and parked at an overlook site above the tree line. Beautiful. Waiting in line, outdoors? Nooooo.

The latest ting on talk radio is the politicians view the voting public as stupid.

Well, probably the reason that is the latest 'ting' on talk radio is because an economist who was one of the architects of the Affordable Care Act was recorded making comments about how dumb the taxpayers were. He was recorded at least four times making remarks like that in public. They have the video.

Fox News covered this but most of the rest of the main stream media would not cover it. There are reasons why I watch Fox News.

So people have to find out about all of this on Fox News and the internet and talk radio. And the videos can be viewed on YouTube.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The latest ting on talk radio is the politicians view the voting public as stupid.

And I don't blame them for thinking that with stuff like this going on, though these women may not be voters. Dangle a TV in front of some people and nothing else matters...not dignity, not the fact they are "making" $12 a day doing this, etc.

It would seem to me that if someone is physically capable of camping on a sidewalk for three weeks, they are capable of working some kind of job, or being productive in some way for society. Obviously though, that is lost on these two. Who needs work when other people can do work and you can park your [censored] on a sidewalk for three weeks to get some stupid material good? Makes me kind of sick. Whatever assistance these two are on needs to be cut off if they can pull stupid stuff like this while collecting money other people worked for. If you are capable of camping on a sidewalk for three weeks, you are capable of putting your lazy [censored] to work.

Eventually the main stream media will have to cover this story, because millions of people are finding out about all of this. But Fox News has been covering this story for the last four days or so. Up until now NBC and ABC have not covered the story. A new video of this MIT professor has gone out every single day for the last four days. And the videos can be viewed on YouTube.

I think it was kind of silly they did not cover the story, but like I said there are very good reasons why I watch Fox News. And also get my news online from reliable sources.

Assuming one were to make $9/hr working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours in one week, they would gross $360. Multiply that by 3 weeks (21 days, though they are camped out for 22 days, who's counting the extra day), you get $1080 gross pay. Subtract the $300 they are saving, the TV will actually cost them $780 in lost wages.
I would say LT4 Vette is dead on. They are not working. Because if they are, it would cost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back