Two WiFi networks need to usejust one for internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
No set up [censored] either. Just hook up the hard ethernet wire and created an account. Then plugged it into the internet port on the Netgear R6300 and it worked.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
No set up [censored] either. Just hook up the hard ethernet wire and created an account. Then plugged it into the internet port on the Netgear R6300 and it worked.

thumbsup2.gif

Do I understand that OP has "metered" internet access? If so, then indeed automatic updates on his multiple client devices are going to be expensive! Even phones these days need gigabytes of updates! I shudder to think how much each Windows device pulls in every single day.

What OP needs is something like consumer grade internet content aggregator device with multi terrabytes of cache sitting between his internal and external network. That will download the update only once from the internet instead of downloading it for multiple client.

He wants to purchase a consumer grade Akamai device :) Has Chinese started selling one?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Do I understand that OP has "metered" internet access? If so, then indeed automatic updates on his multiple client devices are going to be expensive! Even phones these days need gigabytes of updates! I shudder to think how much each Windows device pulls in every single day.
My wife's iPhone and iPad transfer more GB of data in a month than any of my Windows PCs or streaming devices. Every time she takes a photo or video, it all gets uploaded to Apple Cloud and then downloaded/replicated on all her other Apple devices.

Yes the windows updates are a problem. The phone is not an issue unless I use wifi. 284mbs today for win 7.

I get my speed cut back usually the last week of the billing cycle. So I put off big downloads until then as it won't make any difference except speed of the download.

Facebook is the killer though for data.

I thought I had it beat by using the phone as a wifi hot spot and not using the JetPack. But the fine print says any mobile hot spot gets the data measured. 4G on the phone is not affected.

Why the phone is not an issue? Do you have unlimited wireless data?

From Google:-
The size of iOS 11 will vary depending on your device (newer models are compatible with more features) but it can be as large as 2GB

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Why the phone is not an issue? Do you have unlimited wireless data?

From Google:-
The size of iOS 11 will vary depending on your device (newer models are compatible with more features) but it can be as large as 2GB
Yes the 4G data is unlimited but what goes through any wifi hotspot is measured and at 15G of data they slow it down. The data amount over the hotspot is still "unlimited".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back