Two new HPL products for OPE needs!!

So this HPL is the newest best thing huh? What about quality M1 and Pennzoil Castrol lets not forget these oils šŸ˜žšŸ˜ž
Do M1, Pennzoil, and Castrol make OPE-specific 4-stroke oils and oils for hydrostatic transmissions? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any, so those brands canā€™t even enter into the conversation.

HPL and Amsoil do, and are much higher-level alternatives to generic or company-branded (Kohler, Kawi, B&S, etc) conventional or semi-syn offerings.

Nothing wrong with Mobil 1, Castrol or Pennzoil. They are good oils.

The newest best thing that you can do is change your oil at decent intervals no matter which oil you choose to run :) fan boys might disagree though.
A well-maintained engine will live a long, happy life on most oils. Iā€™ve gotten a Lexus to nearly 300K on Chevron, Castrol, Pennzoil and Mobil.

HPL just happens to be a well-formulated oil where cost isnā€™t a constraint. Basically, same ethos as Red Line but different philosophy.

A well-maintained engine will live a long, happy life on most oils. Iā€™ve gotten a Lexus to nearly 300K on Chevron, Castrol, Pennzoil and Mobil.

HPL just happens to be a well-formulated oil where cost isnā€™t a constraint. Basically, same ethos as Red Line but different philosophy.
I got a family members Toyota Avalon sitting in the driveway with 280,000 original miles on a known sludge monster engine the 1MZ-FE that ran Mobil 1 most of it's life, I drive it from time to time and id trust it to go anywhere.

My Toyota has been running QS it's whole life also on a known sludge monster again the 1MZ-FE and my Chevy has been running whatever up until my ownership it went to QS but currently both have Mobil 1 High Mileage in them because I wanted to switch to a full synthetic high mileage but the QS had a shortage of it in my area and they still do actually.

Cars have been going 200,000, 300,000+ miles on even cheaper oil's like Supertech, the average person doesn't need HPL, Redline or Amsoil.

Cars have been going 200,000, 300,000+ miles on even cheaper oil's like Supertech, the average person doesn't need HPL, Redline or Amsoil.
Bitog members are not the average person!

M1 and other name brand oils will serve most needs fine. No one is knocking those at all. No one is suggesting that everyone should switch.

HPL is for those who want an oil thats formulated without cost in mind. Its expensive, and its a premium product. Use what you feel good about and don't worry about what others think. Also don't bash those who are trying these oils. No need for that.

M1 and other name brand oils will serve most needs fine. No one is knocking those at all. No one is suggesting that everyone should switch.

HPL is for those who want an oil thats formulated without cost in mind. Its expensive, and its a premium product. Use what you feel good about and don't worry about what others think. Also don't bash those who are trying these oils. No need for that.
Where did I bash anyone trying these oils? unless I am losing my mind which is very possible I could of sworn that I said in other threads that I would consider HPL with future plans for my S10, and in this thread I mentioned if they will be bringing a high mileage 5w30 option to the table because that could be holding some people back including myself from using HPL.

Reactions: wlk
Gosh, Iā€™ve been known to wander a little on some topics, but this has to check some more boxes on @TiGeo ā€˜s Bingo boxesā€¦ weā€™ve now got peeps arguing about car oils in an OPE thread, about oil companies that donā€™t even make OPE-specific oils! šŸ¤Æ

Well, they finally came today after just a few days after discussing the idea with @High Performance Lubricants!

These were born of a want to have full HPL across the household, and the last thing on the list was my zero-turn, an Ariens 60ā€ with the Kawasaki FR730V and Hydrogear 3200 hydrostats. Let me start off by saying, my mower has had full Amsoil fluids for 130 of its 137 hours with no issues.

Dave & team whipped up a 10w40 with extra antioxidants & protection for the high heat, long storage time, and the 20w50 is called ā€œTractor Lifeā€ and is made to keep the hydrostats happy. I told Dave he should make some stickers with the HPL name over the ā€œTractor Lifeā€ brand, and then stick a silhouette of an old Case tractor on there! šŸ¤£

Not expecting any huge differences obviously, but looking to streamline my shelf stock and continue great protection. If youā€™re in the same boat as me, you can now run full HPL in everything!

@High Performance Lubricants can you please add some info on the oils since thereā€™s not even a product info page yet? Thanks again!!View attachment 168198
Do they offer a synthetic 2-stroke oil? Hmmm

Iā€™m just glad to see no one ask for stuff on store shelves.
Just like Iā€™m satisfied with 2-day shipping when I order Amsoil, I consider the 2-day (this time was actually next day somehow!) shipping from HPL to be ā€œshelf stockā€. If Iā€™m not organized enough to know I need to do maintenance at least 2 days in advance, well, shame on me.

2 days wait is hardly an inconvenience when youā€™re getting the caliber of those two brands in your machinery!

I also saved VOA samples of each. Will get them shipped as soon as my schedule allows, along with the UOA samples of the Amsoil products. The hydro oil looked almost brand new at 138 hours in use, but the 10w40 was DARK at the same hours.

@Pablo any chance you can spare 4 oz each of the Small Engine 10w40 and the Hydro 20w50 and send them to me for side-by-side testing?

Just like Iā€™m satisfied with 2-day shipping when I order Amsoil, I consider the 2-day (this time was actually next day somehow!) shipping from HPL to be ā€œshelf stockā€. If Iā€™m not organized enough to know I need to do maintenance at least 2 days in advance, well, shame on me.

2 days wait is hardly an inconvenience when youā€™re getting the caliber of those two brands in your machinery!

I also saved VOA samples of each. Will get them shipped as soon as my schedule allows, along with the UOA samples of the Amsoil products. The hydro oil looked almost brand new at 138 hours in use, but the 10w40 was DARK at the same hours.

@Pablo any chance you can spare 4 oz each of the Small Engine 10w40 and the Hydro 20w50 and send them to me for side-by-side testing?
I have a VOA of the hydro 20w50 I am currently running my SCAG

It's the

It's the Amsoil I'll dig it up.
IMG_0066.jpg

Id like to know if @High Performance Lubricants is going to release a 5w30 high mileage option with seal conditioners.

I feel like there is a fairly decent sized high mileage market out there that could possibly be holding some people back such as myself from using HPL.

Seal conditioners are usually esters, in ~0.5% concentration for regular oils and ~1% for high mileage oils. HPL's oils already have >8% ester so there wouldn't be a point to making a high mileage oil.

If the tractor life were 5w-50 (specced by tough Torq) for us cold climate folks I would be interested.
Iā€™m going to go out on a limb and say your hydros would much prefer a good 20w50 than an obviously high dose of VIIs, considering the hydros are literally submerged in the oil and shouldnā€™t have any problem pumping it. They are going to spend a huge percentage of their running lives at operating temps, not where a 5w would be needed. Your Tuff Torqs canā€™t be that significantly different than my Hydro-Gears that theyā€™d actually ā€œrequireā€ a 5w. Any hydrostatic transmission experts here to help on this topic?

If youā€™re not trying to mow your yard in 0* temperatures, thereā€™s likely no downside to the 20w50. But, Iā€™d bet with enough interest that HPL may be willing to entertain your request for the 5w50! šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m running HPL 5W-30 in a Prius. Wayyy, way overkill for that car but Iā€™m seeing an improvement in oil consumption and itā€™a cleaning up a good bit of sludge from the engine. Iā€™m kinda on the fence about continuing on with it when I run out - mostly because of price.

Back