Two new fuel pumps, both dead after 1K miles

About two years ago we put a Delphi pump in our 97 GMC farm truck. Pump lasted about 1 year and 11,000 miles before going out. Pump had a lifetime warranty so that is what went back in it. Hopefully the new one lasts a lot longer.
FWIW the OEM pump I pulled from our '05 was Bosch. But I've been told both Bosch and Delphi may have supplied OEM

And I have no idea who GM may have used on a '97 GMT400

IIRC toyota has a system which disables power to the fuel pump once the engine stops running. So in the event that the engine has no fuel supply the pump wont run. They had this system since 1984.
I think a system like that is pretty common in most cars. But beyond that I just think the fuel pump in my Camry could handle running out of fuel without damaging the pump which was not the case for the one in my Suburban.

How long do you expect an auto part made by children in China in a dirt floor factory to last?

If I got the part# right:

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 2.54.52 PM.jpg

FWIW the OEM pump I pulled from our '05 was Bosch. But I've been told both Bosch and Delphi may have supplied OEM

And I have no idea who GM may have used on a '97 GMT400
I think that back in the day Delphi may have been an OEM supplier on that generation of trucks but I'm not sure. From our experience and others that I have read about on other forums, Delphi has went downhill quite a bit. We could not find an AC-Delco replacement for this truck and is why we went with Delphi.

How long do you expect an auto part made by children in China in a dirt floor factory to last?
Do you happen to have proof of any part of this being true?

Looks like someone already proved that the "Made in China" part is incorrect.
So, can you prove that the fuel pump is made by children, or in a factory with dirt floors?

Back