Two Mobil oil filters C&P M1-301A and M1-104A

Wix has been cheapened as well their premium options starting late 2023 batches are not true synthetic media anymore.

MOBIL1 and Wix are zombie brands from the trend of bad assembly quality and cheapend media. Looks like anything from Rock + Catcher these days have a filtration efficiency of a tennis rack.
Well they're supposed to be really good filters, but if you end up with one that's not built correctly then yes it's basically a rock catcher.

What's recommended these days? I don't mind paying extra for a good filters. My truck drives through construction sites that are like the dessert in a wind storm sometimes.

Depends on what vehicle and engine you have. If its a medium duty diesel then Donaldson Blue and Fleetguard stratapore would be a top range pick. For light duty its no brainer Premium Guard is on the rise for exceptional build quality and able to withstand some degree of neglect beyond their rated mileage. Microgard Select, Carquest premium and STP XL are made by PG.

For better filtration efficiency, Fram Endurance, Amsoil & Royal Purple are the same with different paint jobs which is probably the best in the market currently in the light duty vehicle segment with full synthetic media.

Well they're supposed to be really good filters, but if you end up with one that's not built correctly then yes it's basically a rock catcher.

What's recommended these days? I don't mind paying extra for a good filters. My truck drives through construction sites that are like the dessert in a wind storm sometimes.

PartSource in Canada sells the OE+ Pro Series which is a rebranded Premium Guard.

PartSource in Canada sells the OE+ Pro Series which is a rebranded Premium Guard.
Thanks for that info. Canadian Tire carries that too right? If so I have bought that filter in the past for my wife's Hyundai. I assumed it was a rebadged Fram like almost everything else on the shelf.

Back