TwinTowers 7 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend woke me up just after 6 am on September 11. She said, "The WTC is on fire." A few minutes later, while I was watching the surreal news reports on TV, the second plane flew into the south tower. I called and emailed the handful of friends who I knew to be in NYC that day. They all were safe.

I'm sure yakking about profit and loss, 401k and other blah is of importance to some. To me it's like going to a funeral and hearing someone talk about baseball all the time.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: RyanM
hopefully people are waking up, to see the real terrorists that attacked us. Big corp. inside money powers. Bin laden didn't attack us that day. The people who are important have been getting rich since all this. While all us eaters barely make it.

What a crock of [censored].
Are you sure or is it an opinion? I can't say one way or the other but we will never know for sure. I simply do not trust the one world types.

I see you don't sing your usual mantra now, Steve. What gives?

Anybody with brains won't live near a prime target zone. Among other reasons, this is also why I wouldn't even want to live downtown in any major metropolitan area.

I won't forget, living less than 20 miles away from the WTC as the crow flies. I can remember the smell of all the burning and the color of the sky.

As a result of 9-11 my son joined the Navy, he just touched US soil last night from his second tour of duty in Afghanistan, and in a few months will be back there again for round 3.

Frank D

Woke up (12th down here) to hear on the 6AM news.

First thought was "what a tragic mistake", then the news kept going.

TEOTWAWKI

Have some fiends in New York from another BB, and thankfully they were posting.

Just watch building 7 videos.

First 3 steel/concrete buildings to ever fall due to fire. Demolitions people. Penn.- No plane, no wreck, no people. Pentagon-no plane, no people, small hole in wall.

Originally Posted By: Frank D
My personal example was of my 401k, that despite my monthly contributions has not show any gains.

I have three adult children who despite their efforts can't get that break in life and will probably still be relying on me for some support in some way.

You can thank your fellow countrymen who lived way beyond their means, and you can thank their banks which gave them more of YOUR money than they could handle. Then, they caused their stupidity to have everyone loose confidence and pull money out. Since you were told that stocks were the best way to grow your investment, you owned stocks which didnt do so well.

We could pass blame all day, but stupid people made stupid decisions so that they could feel superior. This effected your investments that you had set up a certain way in good faith of historical performance (which of course is not indicative of future results). The people who indebted themselves with your money, unable to pay it back may well be as much a set of terrorists as any other group.

I do feel for you, and for the people and families effected by the other horrible act of terrorism.

JMH

Last edited:
7 years later Bin Laden is still around, but we were diverting our military on somewhere else for an different agenda (or so called mistakes). Now we made a mess there, we couldn't leave (or else it will turn into another Afgan, but with oil).

Russia and Iran took advantage of that and go all out, knowing that we don't have the budget to take them on with our troops.

Last edited:
Did anyone rebroadcast their entire 9/11 show online this year? I wanted to see it again, but couldn't find any links at any of the major news outlets. ABC.com had a 10 minute video that I saw, that that was it.

Searching around YouTube, I found this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...F11&vt=lf&hl=en

Amateur videographer with a good quality video. There are some swear words in here. It’s very very real.

I turned on my computer that day to read the news and such. Then I read what happened. My eyes bleed, internal bleeding...didn't know it until I look in the mirror. What was I thinking! SICK!

Ryan I've had friends and associates try to peddle that stupidity to me and they get caught off very quickly. This is not the day for this. Have some respect.

Originally Posted By: Ron Jeremy
Ryan I've had friends and associates try to peddle that stupidity to me and they get caught off very quickly. This is not the day for this. Have some respect.

Why? Were you there? And also have you actually seen things but what others tell you?

It was a terrible tradegy and a terrible crime, my thoughts are with those people who died on that day and those who are affected by it forever.

It's not a very popular thing to think where I am, but I think that going after these people who did this and plan other things, is a good thing. Otherwise it will happen again. My thoughts are with those too that deal with the fallout in Afghanistan and Iraq.

History will be the best judge.

I do think that war is very expensive, and may knock the economies of the world, but the economy is a complex beast, with many many inputs. I'd rather live poor and without fear, than be rich and watching my back in fear of being attacked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RyanM
Just watch building 7 videos.

First 3 steel/concrete buildings to ever fall due to fire. Demolitions people. Penn.- No plane, no wreck, no people. Pentagon-no plane, no people, small hole in wall.

Jezus, I feel sorry for U Dudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back