TuxMats - much nicer than WeatherTech.

So I had been looking at all season floor mats for my E-Golf as my factory carpet mats were getting worn (especially drivers side) and I was sick of the difficult vacuuming as the carpet in the E-Golf is the type that hangs on to dirt like its job.

I stumbled upon TuxMats on another forum and they looked incredible online. I'm not a huge fan of the WeatherTech as they are more work/cargo van like and the ones in my parents vehicles over the years never look very nice after some use, not to mention the edge curling issue that seems to plague them including the last two sets my parents have had in their Honda Pilot's.

Welp here they are - very luxurious looking and the fit is incredible. Only downside is they have all these clips that you may have to use to secure them to trim pieces (they have types that tuck under plastic sills/console pieces as well as velcro ones that are supposed to stick to carpet I guess) so the install may be a bit fussier than WeatherTech. Fortunately I only ended up using one clip next to the accelerator out of precaution, the rest of the mats I was able to get to tuck under the center console and door sills then in the back it tucked under the door sills and under the seat cushion.

full

full

full

I had them in the Alfa as well as my Bride's ZR2 - GREAT MATS!

I would have put them in my TourX except it already came with premium 3D mats of some sort that are decent, but not as good as Tux Mats.

Those look nice but there is nothing to keep the water from getting on the carpet . I like my Husky more because they wrap up on the side keeping water from getting on the carpet.

Those look nice but there is nothing to keep the water from getting on the carpet . I like my Husky more because they wrap up on the side keeping water from getting on the carpet.
These go all the way up to the sills at both the door side and to the console trim. Except for a little water getting through the floor hooks I don't see any way any moisture getting underneath.

I bought them for my 2019 JGC.
They work well.
If I were to do it again, I would go for Weather tech as they are made in America.
TuxMats are made off shore.
Nuf said.
I'll have to look but TuxMats are Canadian no? Ahhh scratch that just saw they send them to China for manufacture. Guess I should have looked deeper on their site, wrongly assumed they were made in Canada too.

Well if it makes you feel better, they aren't available for any Explorer older than 2020. 🤣

Nice looking mats for newer applications, but I think they would look out of place in my older trucks anyway. They look great in OP's car. I do wish I had more custom fit rubber/all weather options though. My 94 Explorer has a custom fit WeatherTech cargo liner that looks good in that application, but I had to get carpet for the front.

Back