Turn my car on with no oil filter on it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing my oil and couldn’t get the oil pan bolt off because I didn’t have the proper tools and I decided to take the oil filter off turn the car over and let the oil spit out I had the car on,over and back off within 5 seconds the oil came out put new oil in new filter but now my car is running like ****...no noise just loss of power drastically and it stalls in idle and reversing no problems in drive except loss of power and tugging in motor any help guys thanks

5 seconds ? No harm occurred (at least nothing you will ever be 100% certain as being related).

Richie93Hwd

What? Can you go step by step what you did.
I couldn’t get the bolt off the oil pan so I took the oil filter off drained what came out there and then decided to have someone turn the car over while I watched the oil spit out then put the new oil filter on and put oil in it like normal it ran normal for a day or two then it started losing power and stalling

Richie93Hwd

Someone told me the turbo is shot but it think it’s either a bad egr sensor or maybe a bad catalytic converter is that a good possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.