Trying Wipe New Trim Restorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a few hours detailing the 2009 Clubman yesterday; it will be my DD when I start my new job in January(assuming we nab a suitably equipped JK or JL for my wife). Anyway, I used Wipe New Trim Restorer on the badly faded plastic trim. It's received good reviews so I thought that I'd give it a shot. I used Griot's Rubber Cleaner with a bristle brush to prepare the surface. If I get a year or two out of it I'll be happy. So far I'm pleased with the results:
o8cud55jxyrg.jpg

Looks real good, did you treat the cowl area by the wipers? That's where the 05 Matrix needs it the most. Mother's Back to Black Trim Restorer was sticky and didn't last very long at all. I do see they have an HD version available online.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Looks real good, did you treat the cowl area by the wipers? That's where the 05 Matrix needs it the most. Mother's Back to Black Trim Restorer was sticky and didn't last very long at all. I do see they have an HD version available online.

Thanks. I didn't treat the cowl trim, but I need to do that; I was running short on time and rain was threatening- the directions say to not let the treatment get wet for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Very nice. Good choice on the possible JK or JL Wrangler for your wife. Our 2016 JK Rubicon has been fantastic thus far.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
You could also have used a Ceramic Coating.

One of the guys on here who's a professional detailer uses Black Wow Pro and Solution Finish. His own car gets Solution Finish topped with C. Quartz DLUX. The downside with those products is the cost. Probably $100 total is my guess versus $10 for Wipe New. Products available on autogeek.net.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Very nice. Good choice on the possible JK or JL Wrangler for your wife. Our 2016 JK Rubicon has been fantastic thus far.

Thanks. As for the Wrangler we only want a two door as my wife and I both prefer smaller vehicle. We have found a few JKs we really like; I want a hardtop with LED headlamps, Alpine audio, heated seats and a Trac-Lok differential. A used Winter Edition is at the top of our list so far.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Looks good.
There seems to be 2 versions of it, which one did you use? Thanks.

I used the Rust-oleum version.

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
The JLs drive really nice. It's a solid step up from the JK as far as creature comforts IMO

I agree 100%. A JL Sport S optioned the way we'd want it is a bit more than I'd like to spend.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Thanks. As for the Wrangler we only want a two door as my wife and I both prefer smaller vehicle. We have found a few JKs we really like; I want a hardtop with LED headlamps, Alpine audio, heated seats and a Trac-Lok differential. A used Winter Edition is at the top of our list so far.

Nice!
thumbsup2.gif
We like the JK too, although the JKU's seem to be a lot more popular. For us it is the perfect size. We have zero complaints with ours.

I just wax the trim when I wax my vehicle. Collonite 845 makes trim look like new...obviously you can't do this with just any wax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back