Trying to save an otherwise junkyard bound car

A guy I know went to a head stone place bought a scrap piece of stone finished on one side stuck sandpaper on the flat side and resurfaced his block and heads with some elbow grease. Truck was still running last I saw him.
I have learned a new technique today. I can't express how impressive this is and that it works. Will try on a car that has a warped head in the future.

@Number_35 - My teenager drove it for another 20 months and put another 13k miles on it. Then it died an early death when he rear-ended some lady because he was looking at his phone. I ended up selling it for a $400 cash to some Saturn nut who wanted it for parts. He basically paid me scrap price plus a bit extra for the (4) good tires the 2 week old battery that I had just put in it.

@Number_35 - My teenager drove it for another 20 months and put another 13k miles on it. Then it died an early death when he rear-ended some lady because he was looking at his phone. I ended up selling it for a $400 cash to some Saturn nut who wanted it for parts. He basically paid me scrap price plus a bit extra for the (4) good tires the 2 week old battery that I had just put in it.
Sounds like it worked out well - the repair amortized over 20 months meant you got some very economical extra life out of the car.

Back