Truck insurance bill ... Big surprise; went down!

The biggest change for Michigan motorists is that mandatory comprehensive lifetime no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage has been replaced by a tiered system that allows individuals to opt-out or purchase as little as $50,000 worth of PIP coverage for medical expenses under certain circumstances. Did you change the PIP coverage ?
The PIP coverage accounts for a tiny amount of premium on my policy. I could opt out, but it won't make a big difference.

When you consider over 20 to 25 percent of all drivers do not have insurance and over 15 percent of all drivers don't even have a valid driver's license, it's no wonder the responsible people are made to pick up the tab for the freeloaders.

Mine went down $200/6mo. 2 cars, 2 drivers, same coverage as before. No idea why, won't bother asking Progressive either. Will just enjoy it for now.
Very soon after that message Progressive made adjustments and unreasonably made the prices much higher. So I called my insurance agent, shopped around and he found me a lower rate at National General. Same exact coverage and deductibles, but 50% cheaper than Progressive. Great success.

315$ to $500 here. That is for 1 car out of my 3 pc insurance package.
House went up 23%
Other car went up 46%

Sad part I cant find anyone that would beat it(all 3 total) by $100 which is my threshhold to move.
They’re trying to make it impossible for us to be covered against loss, and to be able to afford to live in non-subsidized, single family housing. It’s not going to get any better.

They’re trying to make it impossible for us to be covered against loss, and to be able to afford to live in non-subsidized, single family housing. It’s not going to get any better.
That's a pretty paranoid outlook.

315$ to $500 here. That is for 1 car out of my 3 pc insurance package.
House went up 23%
Other car went up 46%

Sad part I cant find anyone that would beat it(all 3 total) by $100 which is my threshhold to move.
You suppose this has anything to do with those new expensive EV's getting into accidents and they don't fix them they just write the whole thing off?

This is Texas. It only goes up - about 20% here, too. Constant inflow of people, more traffic, more accidents, more expensive cars.

Here in Florida there’s lots of insurance fraud and staged accidents.

Shady personal injury lawyers, pain clinic doctors, repair body shops, etc….

Stayed basically the same, ~400 USD per year full coverage, no deductible for animal(read moose) collision.
Pretty good for 270HP Volvo imo.

Back