Troy Bilt Storm 2410 $325 Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me.
I'm just wondering how much use you'll get out of a snowblower in Georgia?

Lol, not much. I'm heading back to Alaska this summer.
grin.gif

Its made by MTD so who knows. I would have preferred a used Airens. MTD seems to make things with clever and/or innovative features but lacking durability. For example I would prefer a beast of a machine vs a joy-stick for the chute control.

I assume 24 inches, so what's the 10? Torques? Height?

What part of Alaska? Friend in Anchorage noted it'd be zero F with no precip for weeks then warm up to 40 and rain.

It seems like a fair price. The only issue with the Troy Bilt versions of Chonda's, is the carbs are set up pretty lean. And they clog up easy. I would drill the jet out a little, to address the lean condition. It will run way better. And don't leave gas in it over the summer.

Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
Just picked up a like new TB Storm 2410 snow blower, has a 179cc mill, it's a 2 stage. Was this a deal?

A very good deal if it's like new. Just did a quick search and they're like $600-700 new. Pretty typical price for a new 2-stage, 24" MTD unit.

IMO, 24's are about perfect. Not overly heavy to operate. The more simple the better IMO.

Like motorcity said, hitting the pilot jet with a micro bit to open it up a little is a good idea. Usually it takes less than a 10% increase to make a large difference in the engine's manners and removing the lean engine issues. Also, get rid of the Chinese spark plug and replace with an NGK, Autolite or Champion.

The price isn't bad if you're looking at a like new machine. You may have been able to beat them up a bit and got it down to the high 270s or 280s with some patience during the off season. This is the time of year I buy and stockpile snow throwers.

In Georgia, I would have probably gone with a much smaller single stage, 2 stroke Toro with the R-Tek engine. I buy CCR 3650s as retired professional equipment for around $100-125 and run them here in PA. They can still go all day and through the majority of the snow we have. This past winter was pretty bad here and I only had to break out my 2 stage Tecumseh once while waiting for new paddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back