Got me some new lawn toys

I have always loathed cutting my lawn and have been using a service to do it for me. Last year I let the grass die and decided to resod early this year. My lawn guy decided he doesn't want to come anymore and I'm not gonna beg so I set out to do it myself. I will say my 11 year old troy bilt trimmer was not up to the task of edging a new sodded st Augustine lawn and I think I worked it to death trying. First time it gave me trouble actually in all the years I had it. I decided to move up to some good stuff.
Echo SRM-2620 and Echo PE-2620S
Good trimmers have gotten expensive!
Should last me quite a while. I can get E0 fuel and I ordered up some red armor 2 cycle oil for them. This ought to give me some motivation to mow.

Attachments

• 20230722_150001.jpg
    20230722_150001.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 74
Great choices. I've had great luck with Echo trimmers for several years now. I would also reccomend the toughest line you can find vs wimpy thin or medium stuff. It will make the job much less tiresome and have to change out less and less. I keep a small box with the line, some pliers to rip out the old line, small cutters, and fuel of course.

echo has been my choice in lawn toys for several years, I'd say you chose well.

Yeah I got the trimmer first and it's way better than the troy bilt. I haven't tried the edger yet. Being the weirdo I am I installed hourmeters on them both just to see how long I use them. I also have a tree that dropped a limb this weekend so I just had to get a chainsaw. I could have borrowed my brother's Husqvarna and my dad has a really old Stihl O8S but this was just the excuse to buy one.

Attachments

• 20230722_114824.jpg
    20230722_114824.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 39
Yeah I got the trimmer first and it's way better than the troy bilt. I haven't tried the edger yet. Being the weirdo I am I installed hourmeters on them both just to see how long I use them. I also have a tree that dropped a limb this weekend so I just had to get a chainsaw. I could have borrowed my brother's Husqvarna and my dad has a really old Stihl O8S but this was just the excuse to buy one.
Interesting the chain saw is on the kitchen table. That’s hard core into power tools!

Interesting the chain saw is on the kitchen table. That’s hard core into power tools!
well it was brand new. I couldn't put it there now. I was trying to see if I could mount an hourmeter to it before I got it all dirty and oily. I abandoned that idea though. Not much room to do so. The trimmer and edger never made it into the house. I also got my battery leaf blower banned from the house. I accidentally blew some stuff off the fireplace mantle.

I have always loathed cutting my lawn and have been using a service to do it for me. Last year I let the grass die and decided to resod early this year. My lawn guy decided he doesn't want to come anymore and I'm not gonna beg so I set out to do it myself. I will say my 11 year old troy bilt trimmer was not up to the task of edging a new sodded st Augustine lawn and I think I worked it to death trying. First time it gave me trouble actually in all the years I had it. I decided to move up to some good stuff.
Echo SRM-2620 and Echo PE-2620S
Good trimmers have gotten expensive!
Should last me quite a while. I can get E0 fuel and I ordered up some red armor 2 cycle oil for them. This ought to give me some motivation to mow.
Nice! I have 1 power unit and both of those attachments along with a tiller, pole saw, brush cutter and hedge trimmer. Mine is a Ryobi because I like the changeable attachments. I have too much invested now to switch brands.

Just my $0.02

Nice! I have 1 power unit and both of those attachments along with a tiller, pole saw, brush cutter and hedge trimmer. Mine is a Ryobi because I like the changeable attachments. I have too much invested now to switch brands.

Just my $0.02
Yeah that would have been the better way to go. When I bought the trimmer I had seen the PAS series but only in the smaller engine. I didn't realize they made the larger engine versions. By then I had already bought and used the trimmer so i went with the dedicated edger.

Just an update. I used the straight shaft edger for the first time. All I can say is wow. What a difference between an old cheap attachment style edger vs a new higher quality straight shaft dedicated edger. I blew through it like it was nothing. Should be even easier now that it's established.

Back