Recommended plug for Troy-Bilt

Should I run an NGK or Champion in my 2011 Troy-Bilt Storm 2410? I believe it’s a Chinese MTD engine, and the stock plug is the dreaded Torch plug.

If your willing to experiment and not follow the herd, see if you can find a Champion EZ Start or a Champion Premium.
The regular Champion plugs are NOT as good.
I bought a new Lawn-Boy 2-stroke mower right when they quit making them. They used a NGK plug from the factory in the Duraforce engines.
The Champion EZ Start plug lasted longer. I tried a cheap Champion plug and an NGK and the better Champion offering is a better plug.

Also, getting the correct plug when crossing over to another brand doesn't always happen and people swear off a brand because they unknowingly installed the wrong plug.

Should I run an NGK or Champion in my 2011 Troy-Bilt Storm 2410? I believe it’s a Chinese MTD engine, and the stock plug is the dreaded Torch plug.
Personally I would use the NGK Iridium BPR6EIX. I've had these installed in three "Chonda" motors, including two generators for over three years. I also have NGK Iridiums in two Honda GCV-160V motors. They might be BPR5EIX, the next heat range up, not that it matters. You won't be unhappy with NGK plugs.

I use NGK or Denso regular or single-platinum(BPR6GP/PW20-TT) in Chinese Honda clones. If it’s a Subaru using a Torch plug, it’s a half-thread NGK that goes into it.

If your willing to experiment and not follow the herd, see if you can find a Champion EZ Start or a Champion Premium.
The regular Champion plugs are NOT as good.
I bought a new Lawn-Boy 2-stroke mower right when they quit making them. They used a NGK plug from the factory in the Duraforce engines.
The Champion EZ Start plug lasted longer. I tried a cheap Champion plug and an NGK and the better Champion offering is a better plug.

Also, getting the correct plug when crossing over to another brand doesn't always happen and people swear off a brand because they unknowingly installed the wrong plug.
I like those Champion EZ-starts in Tecumseh and Briggs engines as well as any Poulan/Weed Eater brand 2-stroke.

I have the same model snow blower. Mine has a "Chonda" Powermore 179cc engine. It came with the Torch F6RTC plug. It ran "okish". From new it took 5+ pulls to start it and seemed to bog down in heaver snow. I figured that was because the engine is relatively small. I replaced the plug with a NGK BPR6ES and it starts on the first pull all the time and it doesn't seem to bog down as much, though that could be wishful thinking ;) . It was well worth the $2.50 cost for the NGK. A replacement Torch plug was over $5.00.

Back