Troubleshoot Aisin AF40-6 "popping" and "knocking" shortly after flush with Amsoil SS LV ATF

Very reasonable for OE new.

GM and Ford are usually reasonable for OE new CV axles. Euro axles cost a little more for them, but unfortunately, it's almost impossible to get OE new axles for Japanese cars. The Japanese OEM's don't like selling OE new axles, only reman, and of course, they're usually poorly "rebuilt" by Cardone :mad:

Finding a new axle or joint for the Vauxall/Opel Vectra is not a big problem. the UK market carries a load of joints for these from major manufacturers like GKN, SKF, Spidan, etc. I buy just the joint/boot kits (fits OE shafts only) to keep the shipping down.

GKN catalog.

An example with new SKF axles, There are a lot more places and a lot more parts it just takes a bit of digging. I even get some NOS parts for odd ball stuff from Latvia and Lithuania and other out of the way places.

Finding a new axle or joint for the Vauxall/Opel Vectra is not a big problem. the UK market carries a load of joints for these from major manufacturers like GKN, SKF, Spidan, etc. I buy just the joint/boot kits (fits OE shafts only) to keep the shipping down.

GKN catalog.

An example with new SKF axles, There are a lot more places and a lot more parts it just takes a bit of digging. I even get some NOS parts for odd ball stuff from Latvia and Lithuania and other out of the way places.

I looked these axles up on the GM catalogue a few months ago and I swear they said NLA. GM has discontinued many OE parts for the NA Cruze 2.0 diesel including the TB tensioner.

I also did a 18” wheel/tire upgrade which added 3 lbs per wheel and increased tire diameter 2%. Not very pleased with the ride quality but wheel choices in 5x115 are very limited.

Would this contribute to the noise or early CV failure?

I looked these axles up on the GM catalogue a few months ago and I swear they said NLA. GM has discontinued many OE parts for the NA Cruze 2.0 diesel including the TB tensioner.

I also did a 18” wheel/tire upgrade which added 3 lbs per wheel and increased tire diameter 2%. Not very pleased with the ride quality but wheel choices in 5x115 are very limited.

most CV failures are caused by torn boots. Tire Rack shows over 100 wheels for your Cruze diesel. The size difference is likely not enough to cause CV failure or tear the boot.

CVs are toast. Time for new ones, but if they are NLA from GM, Chinese new might be the only option. Diesel Cruzes were pretty rare in the US.

That is why you need to look at Euro GM products that use the same parts or buy low mile used ones and reboot them. The inner joints can be a big problem with some plunge type inner cv joints. I know GKN and SKF both make joints and axles for that will fit that car.
Tire and wheel size should not be an issue unless the body is lowered or lifted and changes the cv joint angle.

That is why you need to look at Euro GM products that use the same parts or buy low mile used ones and reboot them. The inner joints can be a big problem with some plunge type inner cv joints. I know GKN and SKF both make joints and axles for that will fit that car.
Tire and wheel size should not be an issue unless the body is lowered or lifted and changes the cv joint angle.
Thanks for your knowledge. Yes the car is lowered with a Bilstein B12 kit. Has been lowered for about 25k miles. Maybe 1.5” lower in the front.

Back