Trouble seeing at night, headlight suggestions?

So is buying aftermarket headlight assembly not recommended the OEM is super costly for what it is?

Yes i do have fog lights!

Does anyone make a complete headlight assembly kits for the corolla? I can not find one.

For my truck i bought a complete headlight assembly kit that was already fitted with leds all i had to do was wire them directly to my battery. Can't recall the brand.

So is buying aftermarket headlight assembly not recommended the OEM is super costly for what it is?

Yes i do have fog lights!

Does anyone make a complete headlight assembly kits for the corolla? I can not find one.

For my truck i bought a complete headlight assembly kit that was already fitted with leds all i had to do was wire them directly to my battery. Can't recall the brand.
In the VW world, the "replica" headlight housings are v. popular and will have projector lenses with either HID or LED bulbs. They work well but can be ~$1K. No clue on the Toyotas.

That too. hahaha But that's going to go back to my #2. I get blinded by just about everyone on the road nowadays in SUVs/CUVs/car with factoyr/DOT legal LED headlights in my low-to-the-ground car. Thank God for self-dimming rear view mirrors.

Which one is the factory LED and which is the retrofit bulbs in the photo?

View attachment 126418
20200429_212659.jpg

The driver side you can sort of see a step pattern to the beam pattern. The passenger side, the beam pattern is messed up. And the LED-drop in's tend to favor 6000K color temps.

View attachment 126420

The driver side you can sort of see a step pattern to the beam pattern. The passenger side, the beam pattern is messed up. And the LED-drop in's tend to favor 6000K color temps.
That's wrong my friend...that's my Atlas with factory LEDs which are in-fact in for-purpose reflector housings. The left side is my Golf Sportwagen with retrofitted LED bulbs from deAutoLED in the factory halogen reflector housings...and herein lies the quandary....

That too. hahaha But that's going to go back to my #2. I get blinded by just about everyone on the road nowadays in SUVs/CUVs/car with factoyr/DOT legal LED headlights in my low-to-the-ground car.

From what I've seen, most of those are idiots who can't be bothered to turn off their high-beams. If you approach them with your low beams on, they won't turn them off. But if you approach them with their high beams on, they'll turn them off. Seems that they can't be bothered unless they get blinded too.

Buy some after market headlights and switch your low beams to 9012s as posted in this thread. Best bang for the buck imo - it’s what I did on my Corolla

That's wrong my friend...that's my Atlas with factory LEDs which are in-fact in for-purpose reflector housings. The left side is my Golf Sportwagen with retrofitted LED bulbs from deAutoLED in the factory halogen reflector housings...and herein lies the quandary....
The VW headlights suck...

The beam patterns of projector Bi-LED and projector fogs
LED beam patterns.jpg

If you did a LED projector retrofit.... for a pair of $200 LED projectors...

LIGHT-OUTPUT-1-scaled.jpg

From what I've seen, most of those are idiots who can't be bothered to turn off their high-beams. If you approach them with your low beams on, they won't turn them off. But if you approach them with their high beams on, they'll turn them off. Seems that they can't be bothered unless they get blinded too.
No...it's actually for the most part, v. bright OE low beams in recent model year vehicles, trucks are the worst, and the fact I am in a car lower to the ground. See the picture of my VW Altas above for an example. Also see the vehicle to the left running an aftermarket LED kit and determine what would blind you between those two on the road.

Buy some after market headlights and switch your low beams to 9012s as posted in this thread. Best bang for the buck imo - it’s what I did on my Corolla

Which aftermarkets did you buy?

I used this product and rave about it. It works. If your lenses are foggy, I wouldn't bother with bulbs, I'd do the lenses first.

Since I did two cars one year apart? I will be honest. It seems that after about 18 mos., the first car I did is not as clear as it was 1 1/2 years ago. But at this price and apparently lifetime warranty, it can be done again. Because after following the instructions, the headlights look brand new, and stay that way for at least 1 year, parked outside.

No...it's actually for the most part, v. bright OE low beams in recent model year vehicles, trucks are the worst, and the fact I am in a car lower to the ground. See the picture of my VW Altas above for an example. Also see the vehicle to the left running an aftermarket LED kit and determine what would blind you between those two on the road.

I've been driving around in my Fathers Alfa Guilia for the last few weeks while I wait for my new car to be delivered. I've never been blinded by so many other cars. You sit so low that the craze for tall vehicles just means every single one with LED's or HID's blinds you.

I've been driving around in my Fathers Alfa Guilia for the last few weeks while I wait for my new car to be delivered. I've never been blinded by so many other cars. You sit so low that the craze for tall vehicles just means every single one with LED's or HID's blinds you.
Thank you. Exactly. So when folks go on about the fact that I have an aftermarket LED kit and am apparently blinding folks (the picture above speaks for itself...that is a no) I just laugh as every other vehicle on the road says "hold my beer" but it's cool/ok b/c "it's factory/been tested"...hahaha

That too. hahaha But that's going to go back to my #2. I get blinded by just about everyone on the road nowadays in SUVs/CUVs/car with factoyr/DOT legal LED headlights in my low-to-the-ground car. Thank God for self-dimming rear view mirrors.

Which one is the factory LED and which is the retrofit bulbs in the photo?

View attachment 126418
Factory is on the left.

Found some old pics of my SL1 LED’s and 9011’s… didn’t have a wall shot of the 9011. 1st 2 pics are the LED’s.

The 9011 (Unmarked road shot) had far less foreground in person than the picture shows, and they were a more typical halogen warm color than the ice cold LED color.
9EB33FEB-8453-411D-8650-6219B8271347.jpeg
9ECCC939-3F35-438A-A431-41CE3D6B9C31.jpeg
E5DF378B-6EAD-4E76-8777-47368803A1F9.jpeg

Here is another shot of the Atlas with factory LEDs on the right and GSW with retrofit LEDs on the left. The cutoff isn't as sharp/perfect as a projector but it's good enough.
Capture.JPG

They may not be as sharp as those projectors but 100% OE legal while on the left a retrofit bulb kit that folks will say "blinds" everyone.
Technically, the LED H7 bulb is illegal. LED halogen replacement is only legal for fog lights, when a manufacturer actually attempts to make it legal with paperwork.

Back