Trop Artic motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm - esters, anyone? Check the 12th post down here, as well as a post by some simpleton next to the last, and the final follow-up response from a BITOG old-timer generally regarded as knowledgeable.

quote:

Originally posted by Canuck:
y_p_w,

I go to the Dollar Tree in Alameda (South Shore Shopping Center). I only secured 1 case of 10W30 syn blend and that was a couple of months ago. You may wanna look into that location instead of a high-crime neighborhood. Just a thought.

Well - the one I'm talking about in Oakland is around Fruitvale, just off of E 14th. I only know it's there because I can see it riding BART. While the majority of the people there are honest and law abiding, they're not the people I'm worried about.

The one I went to is the new store in El Cerrito that opened this month.

I walked into Dollar Tree yesterday half expecting to NOT find Trop Artic.

But there it was in all it's glory........16 quarts of SM 10w-30.
smile.gif
Total came to $16.96.

quote:

Originally posted by y_p_w:

quote:

Originally posted by Canuck:
y_p_w,

I go to the Dollar Tree in Alameda (South Shore Shopping Center). I only secured 1 case of 10W30 syn blend and that was a couple of months ago. You may wanna look into that location instead of a high-crime neighborhood. Just a thought.

Well - the one I'm talking about in Oakland is around Fruitvale, just off of E 14th. I only know it's there because I can see it riding BART. While the majority of the people there are honest and law abiding, they're not the people I'm worried about.

The one I went to is the new store in El Cerrito that opened this month.

Yeah, I have seen that one in passing...I agree with you...there are some people you need to worry about more. I just went to the Dollar Store in Alameda last week and there wasn't much TA left. Just a few SM quarts left. I only grabbed 2 of 'em to complete my next oil change.

I don't care how good this oil is or how cheaply they sell it, I won't touch it till they learn to spell "Arctic" correctly. I'm sure millions of others feel similarly.

Sheesh.

Jat

Forward your concerns to ConocoPhillips - English linguists and teachers everywhere all look forward to finding this oil retailing soon under the gramatically and spelling corrected nom de plume, "TropicArctic". In the meantime the rest of us'll be snapping this stuff up in wild abandon. "A rose by any other name is still TropArtic" . . .
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vicmackey:

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
I won't touch it till they learn to spell "Arctic" correctly. I'm sure millions of others feel similarly.

Sheesh.

Jat

You have got to be joking.

I think he is.Am I the only one that noticed he spelled his name worng? Nice one Jat, very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back