Trop-Artic in an Ecotec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here used T/A in an Ecotec engine?? I've been thinking about switching to Trop-Artic in my '08 HHR. A Farm and Ranch chain here sells it very reasonably. I wish it was $1.29 per quart like it was a few years ago!!

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It's a good oil, I just never see it around anymore.

+1

I bought several cases when it was 1.79/qt at WalMart.

I've since used it all. It's without a doubt the best $1.79 a quart oil I ever used. I wish I could still find it.

All the T/A at the store here is not GM6094M certified.
frown.gif

6094 is a very weak spec.

I used Proline, a similar Conoco product in the Astra Ecotec 1.8VVT and it ran nicely.

where i live trop artic is about the same price as pennzoil.
i would go suregaurd for maximum economical oil. you can get 55gal for 300 bucks. never have to buy oil again!!

Click here for my ecotec UOA.

Note that I do not have a DIC on my car so I do not know the %left and when over 500 miles after the OLM came on. Also I do a lot of rural highway/interstate driving, then a lot of start and stop driving for a few hours sometimes which might have caused my TBN to be low.

I have been finding TA on sale @ $1.89/qt no limit or rebates at a small store chain called Alco. These stores tend to be like Ames/Murphy Marts of the 1980's and located in well to do rural towns far away from Walmart and other big box stores.

Originally Posted By: ddean

Note that I do not have a DIC on my car so I do not know the %left and when over 500 miles after the OLM came on. Also I do a lot of rural highway/interstate driving, then a lot of start and stop driving for a few hours sometimes which might have caused my TBN to be low.

I have been finding TA on sale @ $1.89/qt no limit or rebates at a small store chain called Alco. These stores tend to be like Ames/Murphy Marts of the 1980's and located in well to do rural towns far away from Walmart and other big box stores.

I get my T/A from Atwoods,which is achain of Farm/Ranch stores around here. We had an Alco here at one time,and there is still one in Hot Springs,Ar. I might pick some T/A up the next time I'm over there as ALco is just down the street from an awesome burger joint called the King Kone.

I was in Atwoods the other day,and I noticed T/A is now 6094m approved. I had already picked up some Castrol on sale so I guess it will have to wait until the next time. I need to check Alco out,but I always forget. Went right by there tonight...

Interesting what you learn here.
I had no idea that there was such a chain as Alco in OH, so I googled it.
There are a few locations in OH, though they are way out in the countryside.
They have either TA or Kendal 5 qts/$12.00 through 7/17 in their ad.
I guess I need to get off the interstates a little more.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Interesting what you learn here.
I had no idea that there was such a chain as Alco in OH, so I googled it.
There are a few locations in OH, though they are way out in the countryside.
They have either TA or Kendal 5 qts/$12.00 through 7/17 in their ad.
I guess I need to get off the interstates a little more.

The Atwoods chaim is like that also. They just have a few stores in small towns in the Midwest. They have some awesome specials from time to time! It's the cheapest place I've ever seen to get Seafoam and Lucas fuel system cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back