Trooper recommends dash cameras

I recommend against dash cams because they can always be used as evidence against you and if you, in a panic, decide to taper with the camera because of an accident where you're at fault you can also be charged.
Well I guess you should be charged if you have a accident if you have a dash cam or not and it's your fault

I am seriously considering one that can go over my rear view mirror.

Nothing else I will consider.. I could say why, but I don't want my concern to be labeled as "stupid" or "silly" so I will just go ahead and keep my reasoning to myself. But if it is an HD MirrorCam that works decently, I'll probably eventually get one.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I recommend against dash cams because they can always be used as evidence against you and if you, in a panic, decide to taper with the camera because of an accident where you're at fault you can also be charged.

That's ridiculous. I worked as an auto claims adjuster and I can 100% verify that dash cams help more than hurt. The only ones who should be afraid are those who cause accidents to begin with.

You can also turn off the "show speed" option. Neither of mine show the speed on the camera while recording.

You don't know that, because you don't know the number of times a dash cam wasn't disclosed. Take a "holier than thou" driver who "brake checks" another driver causing a rear end collision. Point being is that I can see situations where the camera "disappears" when the accident doesn't look favorably on the driver.

Isn't it the decision of the camera owner wether or not they choose to use the footage as evidence?
I would imagine that, if the police got a hold of it, he or she (the camera owner) would be removed from that process entirely.

Ok, so what is the BITOG favorite for winter 2021/22?

Small, efficient, not too expensive… no need for a display…

Options???

I installed a dash cam for that same reason. Ditto for the new car the parents bought - but since my dad is also driving for Uber, I installed a dual-camera model with a mic and interior facing camera as a CYA.
Small, efficient, not too expensive… no need for a display…

Options???
I installed a 1st gen Nexar Pro for my car. It works fine - as long as the app is running it will upload footage to the cloud(there’s still a MicroSD slot too).

Back