Triflow or "safariland" breakfree CLP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be sacrilege, but for bore cleaning and GP light lube, I have come to Gunk's L104 penetrating oil. The liquid is thinner than ATF, which was my previous favorite. It is partially made with renewable base-stock (soybean esters), and has boron nitride reinforced Teflon as a barrier lubricant. It is the exact same formulation that Radiator Specialties makes for S&W; but at less than half the price (naturally). For slides I use any NGLI 1 or 2 grease or Frog Lube and specifically avoid Moly greases,

Originally Posted By: 2cool
This will be sacrilege, but for bore cleaning and GP light lube, I have come to Gunk's L104 penetrating oil. The liquid is thinner than ATF, which was my previous favorite. It is partially made with renewable base-stock (soybean esters), and has boron nitride reinforced Teflon as a barrier lubricant. It is the exact same formulation that Radiator Specialties makes for S&W; but at less than half the price (naturally). For slides I use any NGLI 1 or 2 grease or Frog Lube and specifically avoid Moly greases,

I haven't used Gunk's penetrating oil, but I have used Kano Kroil as a bore cleaner and it works very well cleaning carbon and lead fouling.

From what I've heard Tri-Flo and Breakfree are basically the same. Personally I'd go for the Breakfree only because it's hard to find Tri-Flo at any hardware store or gun shop. Breakfree is practically everywhere.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back