Tried QSUD for 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PPWarrior
any oil at this point of time is good as long as you don't cheap out and try to run it beyond 5k miles

I agree that any SN rated oil is good...but if I were doing OCs @ 5K I'd go with ST dino or similar.....no need for synthetic at that OCI...IMO...

PS: I also think QSUD is underrated and I doubt it will stay at $17.97 for very long...I'd feel just as comfortable using QSUD as PP in the Xw20 grades. If I was going to use 5w30 in my 5w20 spec'd Ford....I'd go with PP because it's a thin 30 weight @ 9.8 cSt @100* vs. the QSUD @ 11.

The main reason I haven't used much QSUD 5W30 is that rebates do not seem to be offered for the product.
M1 and PP end up being substantially cheaper with rebates factored in, and every rebate I have sent in for has eventually come through.
I would have no issue running QSUD if my purchases were based on shelf price alone, seems to be good oil and it's d1G2.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
The main reason I haven't used much QSUD 5W30 is that rebates do not seem to be offered for the product.
M1 and PP end up being substantially cheaper with rebates factored in, and every rebate I have sent in for has eventually come through.
I would have no issue running QSUD if my purchases were based on shelf price alone, seems to be good oil and it's d1G2.

Got a rebate on two jugs last year it was $7 a jug off the purchase price. But you're right they don't happen often. Just last month when Walmart dropped it to $17 and change I was hoping they came out with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back