Tried Burger Kings "Impossible Whopper"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by madRiver
Fast food gets such a bad stigma but like everything you list if used in decent moderation does not hurt anybody.
Can you define "decent moderation"? Is it one FF meal per day, one per week, one per month, one per year?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Fast food gets such a bad stigma but like everything you list if used in decent moderation does not hurt anybody.
Can you define "decent moderation"? Is it one FF meal per day, one per week, one per month, one per year?

At worst once per week. Few times a month does not hurt anyone.

We were near a BK over the weekend and my wife wanted to try an Impossible Whopper, so I got another one with her.
This one was MUCH better than the first one I had.
My first Impossible patty was pretty dry and also looked pretty dark...most likely it was overcooked and that led to it being somewhat rubbery. I still liked it well enough to try another one.
The one I had last weekend had a much better texture and I might have even described it as being juicy to some extent...still didn't remind me that much of a real burger patty, but it was a lot closer than the first one I had.
I would imagine it might take each restaurant a while to figure out how to cook the new type of patty right, hopefully when I get these in the future they will be more like the second burger I had.
Still missed the point somewhat by getting cheese on it...hey, it tastes good, alright??

Originally Posted by Warstud
Don't eat there Tacos....terrible.

\He didn't eat Tacos.........................

I tried the "impossible whooper"

Tasted like smacked horses rear end. Definitely bland, dry tasting piece of leather. 2 bites and in the trash can it went.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NYEngineer
I have this to say about all of this stuff that's supposed to take the place of meat...
If someone wants to be a vegetarian or a vegan, they don't want a hamburger. Stop trying to make plants into burgers and other stuff we want to eat.

That's a wrong way to look at it. It's like saying if people don't want to drive a big engine SUV they should just drive a small car instead of buying a hybrid or turbo small engine SUV.People like food, they probably don't like certain aspect of it for different reasons (religion, health, cost, etc).

That's funny
wink.gif

Fast food is just food at a price point. The same cheap ingredients cooked in low end restaurants are just as bad for you. The problem is you can only do so much to feed people cheap: sodas with lots of sugar, fries with potatoes soaking up all the oil, and 2 cheap breads with lots of ketchup plus a cheap cheese and maybe 2 slices of cheapest beef ground into patties.

Try doing that over a grill and you get the same cheap food with the same nutritional value, except it may taste better, at a higher cost. I too love to eat steaks every day but it would be too expensive, plus the extra fat in the real steak is going to be worse for my health than the cheap dry meat patties in the fast food burger (I only eat McD dollar menu sandwich about once a week with no soda and no fries, and I'm very healthy in terms of body fat and calories).

I eat a burger for the taste of the meat (beef, chicken whatever) and the ingredient list on the meat itself is pretty short.

If I can't have the real thing I'll skip it. I don't even consider it if it is some other food modified to look and taste like meat. Something off if it takes 32 ingredients of a substance to create a taste similar to the real thing.

Tried the impossible whopper twice now. I really like the flavor and texture.

Beef in the USA does not taste like I remember as a kid. However, local beef in Africa tastes exactly as I remember. I find various and annoying after-tastes with much of today's beef and nearly all of the pork.

So it's my opinion the impossible whopper is a solid win in the taste department.

Unfortunately, even with my cast iron stomach, it did not fully agree with me later on and I experienced more than a bit of odoriferous gastric distress. Other reviews have mentioned something similar, so I'm not alone on that one.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I find various and annoying after-tastes with much of today's beef and nearly all of the pork.
I hear ya on the pork. I no longer make any of my mom's pork dishes or even grill pork chops because they all taste bad. Not sure what causes it in the US, but I've tried pork from different sources and it's all the same.

I will try the Impossible Slider at White Castle and a bunch of regular sliders along with it . I have had a $25 gift card for two years and will use it soon .

(Not getting my hopes up) .

I dont get it, I wonder how many people know the impossible burger is loaded with fat, just like a regular burger.

IMPOSSIBLE BURGER =
THIRTY FOUR GRAMS OF FAT, 11 GRAMS OF SATURATED FAT, ONE THOUSAND EIGHTY GRAMS OF SALT.

HELLO!?!?!? *L*

SOURCE

YOU CAN EAT A WHOPPER INSTEAD WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF FAT AND LESS SALT!!!!

SADLY SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE DIE EVERY YEAR IN THE USA FROM HEART DISEASE AND SOME PEOPLE WITH THIS CONDITION WILL THINK THESE MEATLESS BURGERS ARE SAFE TO EAT, WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE WORSE/JUST AS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH.
ITS ALMOST CRIMINAL, PRODUCE A MEATLESS BURGER BUT LOAD IT UP WITH HEART KILLING FAT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy

Except if you're a vegetarian.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by alarmguy

Except if you're a vegetarian.

Good point!
Though there is debate and split the vegan community because animals were used to test the ingredients.
Also the OP is not a vegetarian.

My post is partly incomplete though. One thing I didn't know is the impossible burger is much lower in cholesterol 10mg compared to the regular Whopper of 90mg.
Claims are also since the fats are plant based that it is more healthy.

For me personally if you care about your health, dont eat fatty meats and if you love burgers, limit it to one or two a month. If you have any health conditions dont eat either one!

I much rather do that then eat a frankenburger of which nothing is known as too any possible health consequences. We already know its loaded with plant based fat and loaded with plain old salt/sodium, hardly a healthy thing to be eaten any more then a burger..

Last edited:
If you have a Houlihan's near you, they are in 17 States, this Wednesday, 10/16/19, they are having their own version of the Impossible burger with fries for $5. Get on their email list. Last week we had their Pot Roast for $10 with vegetables, mashed potatoes, sauce. The best I've ever tasted. Tasted like they add red wine to it. All their food is made on the premises, they don't have a commissary so it's like a cross between a chain and a privately owned restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back