Lumberton NC. Burger King

Aside from Lumberton's history, which is tumultuous to say the least, it is also a major E-W (I-74) and N-S (I-95) crossroads.
I picked you up a baseball cap on the way home...............

generate.jpg

Try the Burger King on I-64 between Richmond and Charlottesville, Virginia
11518 James Madison Hwy…

Worst Burger King I ever had…
Worst fast food I ever had…

Our brand new BK finally found enough workers to open for dinner period only - so I got in the long line on day one. The food was Okay and soft-drink was actually carbonated - but, I’ll let the new wear off because it’s not fast food with lines backed up into the highway … 🙄

The last time I got fast food about 5 months ago it took 45 minutes because they are so understaffed. I’ve also heard some fast food places are now doing cash only. Not sure why. If fast food is no longer fast I don’t see the point. 1st world problems…

The only fast food place I like is Chik-Fil-A. The food is always consistent. Five Guys is also good for a quality burger.

The last time I got fast food about 5 months ago it took 45 minutes because they are so understaffed. I’ve also heard some fast food places are now doing cash only. Not sure why. If fast food is no longer fast I don’t see the point. 1st world problems…

The only fast food place I like is Chik-Fil-A. The food is always consistent. Five Guys is also good for a quality burger.
Yeah … and no doubt mediocre food should actually be fast … I can get an awesome brisket sandwich in 5 minutes … or a thick and crispy BLT in 10 minutes … so they need to automate, pay more, dunno … but it’s slow food now

Yes, the same company that owns Tim Hortons.

I don’t eat at fast food places and BK has been going downhill for some time now. It’s all junk.
I was wondering why a new Tim Horton's was going up near me... I hadnt expected to see them so far south. I do like their frozen cappucino, the right mix of sweet and creamy... At least it seemed that way like 10 years ago or more when I last had one...

Didnt Tim Hortons own Wendy's or the other way around?

I had some Burger King hotdogs when they came out a few years ago while visiting my Mom in Florida.
Man they tasted like ground up rubbers!** Terrible. Never knew you could mess up a hot dog so badly.

I do not like BK pickles, so I order the burger plain. I too have gravitated to mustard and black pepper on my burgers.
Ketchup ain't cutting it anymore.

I do like BK fries somewhat, I am tired of fries with skin on them or "potato sticks"
You do have to eat around the black eyes, though.

I try to hit Lebanese or Greek "sub" shops and get a Meat Pie slice or a steak and cheese rollup with those fat crinkle-cut fries.
And those places tend to have Red Gold Ketchup which is awesome. Somebody ruined Heinze this past decade.

**No silly, The kind you wear when its raining !

burger-king-lastnight.jpg

I had some Burger King hotdogs when they came out a few years ago while visiting my Mom in Florida.
Man they tasted like ground up rubbers!** Terrible. Never knew you could mess up a hot dog so badly.

I do not like BK pickles, so I order the burger plain. I too have gravitated to mustard and black pepper on my burgers.
Ketchup ain't cutting it anymore.

I do like BK fries somewhat, I am tired of fries with skin on them or "potato sticks"
You do have to eat around the black eyes, though.

I try to hit Lebanese or Greek "sub" shops and get a Meat Pie slice or a steak and cheese rollup with those fat crinkle-cut fries.
And those places tend to have Red Gold Ketchup which is awesome. Somebody ruined Heinze this past decade.

**No silly, The kind you wear when its raining !

View attachment 74774
Now years ago bk had chili and I liked it. Had a bunch of meat in it.

I was wondering why a new Tim Horton's was going up near me... I hadnt expected to see them so far south. I do like their frozen cappucino, the right mix of sweet and creamy... At least it seemed that way like 10 years ago or more when I last had one...

Didnt Tim Hortons own Wendy's or the other way around?
Current owner, from Wiki:
On August 26, 2014, Burger King agreed to purchase Tim Hortons for US$11.4 billion.[13] The chain became a subsidiary of the Canadian holding company Restaurant Brands International, which is majority-owned by Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital, on December 15, 2014

The Wendy's connection:
In 1992, the owner of all Tim Hortons and Wendy's Restaurants in Prince Edward Island, Daniel P. Murphy, decided to open new franchise outlets for both brands in the same building in the town of Montague. Murphy invited Joyce and Wendy's chairman Dave Thomas to the grand opening of the "combo store", where the two executives met for the first time. Murphy's success with combining coffee and doughnuts with Wendy's fast food led to the August 8, 1995, acquisition of and merger with TDL Group by Wendy's International, Inc., an American company.[24] Joyce became the largest shareholder in Wendy's, even surpassing Thomas. TDL Group continued to operate as a separate subsidiary from its head office in Oakville, Ontario, although Joyce eventually retired from active management to pursue other interests

We were in a rural area last week, and had to eat BK.

Went to pull the door open, dining room locked, drive thru only.

Worst burger i have had in a while.

The other day we went to sonic to get a tea. Pull into stall, girl asks if we have online order for pickup. I say no.

She says due to staffing shortage we are only taking online orders, no stall orders, and it would be about 30 minutes for a new online order.

Strange times, I bought a ice tea brewer and make my own tea now.

Our local McDonald's and Burger King have both drive thru & eat in. Our local Taco Bell/KFC has been drive thru only for at least a year, as well as Arby's. At McDonald's it's a contest to see how long they ignore you trying to order dine in. I would imagine, like most restaurants, they're having serious issues staffing, McDonald's is STARTING at $19/hr. Nobody wants to work it seems. If they seriously enforce the vaccine mandate, staffing anything is going to go to crisis pretty quickly.

Getting tired of ketchup?

Try this, Red Gold Sriracha ketchup…

A little hot, but not excessive…
It gets a little hotter as it ages…

There used to be a BK about 40 minutes south of Richmond, VA in a town called Stony Creek. That was the worst place on earth to eat. They closed years ago. Last month my son wanted BK so we went for the first time in years, it was terrible. The patty was undercooked and mushy. But hey, it "only" cost $19 for 2 meals.......

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Getting tired of ketchup?

Try this, Red Gold Sriracha ketchup…

A little hot, but not excessive…
It gets a little hotter as it ages…

I go for the full on Huy Fong. No tomatoes.
If you want less garlic in the recipe, the Texas Pete sriracha CHA! is passable.

I have been putting the red rooster on takeout ziti and meatballs to add kick. It is awesome!
Made from red ripened Jalapenos from California near my brother old house.

sriracha.jpg

There used to be a BK about 40 minutes south of Richmond, VA in a town called Stony Creek. That was the worst place on earth to eat. They closed years ago. Last month my son wanted BK so we went for the first time in years, it was terrible. The patty was undercooked and mushy. But hey, it "only" cost $19 for 2 meals.......
I went right by there last week.
Reminded me of a place in Canada by the same name.

Anyone here ever eat at a Burger Chef as a kid in the 70s? I remember our parents taking us there on Saturdays and we'd drive around eating our meals. I remember the meals came with a sweet toy too!! Good times!!(y)

Back