TRD vs Royal Purple Filters

Are trd filters backed by the same warranty as if using an oe filter, Or can the dealer service department void a possible warranty claim if related to the lube system?
Yes. No. As long as the filter installed is the 'correct' application filter, good to go. Doesn't mean an unscrupulous dealer couldn't 'try' to play some warranty shenanigans, but that would be with any aftermarket filter. It would be up to the dealer to prove filter at fault.

As for topic, I've assumed they are the same for some time. Champ Labs made. As for Amsoil, some say media is different, IDK. Possible, but it wouldn't surprise me same as the other two. I think all high quality extended oci filters that can be run with confidence.

Yes. No. As long as the filter installed is the 'correct' application filter, good to go. Doesn't mean an unscrupulous dealer couldn't 'try' to play some warranty shenanigans, but that would be with any aftermarket filter. It would be up to the dealer to prove filter at fault.

As for topic, I've assumed they are the same for some time. Champ Labs made. As for Amsoil, some say media is different, IDK. Possible, but it wouldn't surprise me same as the other two. I think all high quality extended oci filters that can be run with confidence.
AMSOIL has always claimed that their media is from Donaldson. The can is manufactured by several different companies including Champ, Wix and Donaldson.

Back