Transtar ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about Transtar ATF.
I've noticed Cardid carries it, and a seller TruTrans sells it on the walmart market place, they make a high visc synthetic multi vehicle ATF, low visc synthetic multi vehicle ATF, DEX III/Mercon compatible fluid, and a full synthetic multi vehicle CVT fluid. I've noticed that the 2.5gallon jugs seem to be only sold as a 2 pack and the 2 packs of these fluid are only like $50-60 bucks shipped both at cardid and through the WallyWorld marketplace.

Here's there website: Transtar ATF

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Transtar doesn't make/blend anything, Probably the cheapest crap they could relabel....Most likely Mag1 or SuperS.

Those 2 brands are not crap.

Transtar doesn't make/blend anything, Probably the cheapest crap they could relabel....Most likely Mag1 or SuperS.

If it is Warren it's not the exact same formula's as Mag1, the viscosities are different on the spec sheets and the Mag1 CVT fluid isn't dyed but the Transtar is green.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142

Those 2 brands are not crap.

Using the word crap was a bit much, But I have a LOOOONG history with Transtar....Trust me, They are 100% self serving & shouldn't be trusted with their house branded products.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Their website states they bottle for GM, at least that's what I recall when shopping about a month ago.

I compared their LV ATF specs to the GM Dex VI, Dex VI appears to be a better fluid with a lower pour point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back