Traded in 2 Guns for One

Al

Traded in my LCP II .22 and Taurus TX22 for a .380 LCPII Max. Mag takes 10 rounds. I bought a second with 12 rounds.
Great gun. Glo front sight. No safety and fires without a Mag. Ultimate in pocket pistols.

I almost bought a LCP Max - last gun show.

But I'm retired now and pretty much stay home. Looks like a sweet little pocket gun.

I'm to the point now, instead of getting more, I give guns away to my kids for BD presents, etc!:)

Traded in my LCP II .22 and Taurus TX22 for a .380 LCPII Max. Mag takes 10 rounds. I bought a second with 12 rounds.
Great gun. Glo front sight. No safety and fires without a Mag. Ultimate in pocket pistols.

I have an LCP II 380 for those times a little is better than nada. Hope that isn't what you are protecting your life with on a daily basis. What have you determined to be your SD ammo? Any difference with HD ammo or not for HD?

I have an LCP II 380 for those times a little is better than nada. Hope that isn't what you are protecting your life with on a daily basis. What have you determined to be your SD ammo? Any difference with HD ammo or not for HD?
I use (at this point) hard ball to get more effective penetration. If after $4000+ on lessons in the last 6 years if Ican't defend myself with 11 rounds of .380, I deserve to fail. Equally skilled shooters will put more rounds of .380 in the target due to more controllability and quicker shots. Some with little skill might benefit from a 9mm..possibly.

I used a G42 for 2 years in formal training settings. I'm fine with it. To each his own.

You can find articles written by "experts" that will say .380 is perfectly adequate for SD.

I use (at this point) hard ball to get more effective penetration. If after $4000+ on lessons in the last 6 years if Ican't defend myself with 11 rounds of .380, I deserve to fail. Equally skilled shooters will put more rounds of .380 in the target due to more controllability and quicker shots. Some with little skill might benefit from a 9mm..possibly.

I used a G42 for 2 years in formal training settings. I'm fine with it. To each his own.

You can find articles written by "experts" that will say .380 is perfectly adequate for SD.

God bless ya. Hope you never have to find out. I've found Buffalo Bore hard cast 380 a good penetrator.

imo the best thing about this is that you got rid of .22 autos. while the 22 punch can be effective, the real issue is reliability with 22's. yes people will say their 22 semi auto runs flawlessly, but out of all of the semi auto pistols, 22's tend to be the most finicky. i would be much more confident in a .380

imo the best thing about this is that you got rid of .22 autos. while the 22 punch can be effective, the real issue is reliability with 22's. yes people will say their 22 semi auto runs flawlessly, but out of all of the semi auto pistols, 22's tend to be the most finicky. i would be much more confident in a .380
Yep. Thats why I got rid of the .22. My only pistol now is my glock 44. Never get rid of it.

Congrats OP, lots of people like them.

I got a dud LCP Max, never makes it through a magazine and is horribly inaccurate. It’s one of those “put together 10 minutes before lunch break by a diabetic” guns. Maybe I’ll sell it to a gunsmith someday.

My Hellcat 9mm does pretty well. Springfield isn’t the brand I ever think of first, but this one so far seems to be the best micro compact out there, even a couple years later. Not ever a single hiccup, and is reasonably accurate at 10 yards (2” groups). I’ve now acquired a couple 15 round mags for it. Insane.

My personal choice would have been the 43X but it’s just too big. I frequently revisit it at gun shops to see if I’m smoking crack but every time it’s the same result. They have to shrink it to original 43 sizing to work for my daily attire. It’s still a single stack. What happened to Glock perfection here? lol

I got a dud LCP Max, never makes it through a magazine and is horribly inaccurate. It’s one of those “put together 10 minutes before lunch break by a diabetic” guns. Maybe I’ll sell it to a gunsmith someday.
Well try gripping it tight keeping your arm straight and don't ride the slide. I am not talking down on you. I noticed that if you don't do this it "may" malfunction". Don't give up on it.

My Hellcat 9mm does pretty well. Springfield isn’t the brand I ever think of first, but this one so far seems to be the best micro compact out there, even a couple years later. Not ever a single hiccup, and is reasonably accurate at 10 yards (2” groups). I’ve now acquired a couple 15 round mags for it. Insane.

My personal choice would have been the 43X but it’s just too big. I frequently revisit it at gun shops to see if I’m smoking crack but every time it’s the same result. They have to shrink it to original 43 sizing to work for my daily attire. It’s still a single stack. What happened to Glock perfection here? lol
Did you reach out to Ruger about your LCP Max issues? I ask because as of late they have had pretty good customer service and they may offer to re-work or replace your pistol for free under Warranty. We run into this once in a while with their production line semi-autos and they have with very few exceptions taken care of the customer every time....

I’m a huge ruger fan. Their customer service and warranty work is top notch. I’ve carried all the lcp’s and most recently purchased the lcp max .380. It’s awesome and runs great. A guy I know had a revolver of theirs that had to be 20 years old at the time. It was starting to rust and corrode from what I would say was neglect and misuse. They took it in under warranty and refinished the gun for him. I couldn’t believe it.

Well try gripping it tight keeping your arm straight and don't ride the slide. I am not talking down on you. I noticed that if you don't do this it "may" malfunction". Don't give up on it.
Yep I definitely have never had a slide bite in my life and had to look up what “riding the slide” is because I’ve never done it. I think it’s just a POS.

Yep I definitely have never had a slide bite in my life and had to look up what “riding the slide” is because I’ve never done it. I think it’s just a POS.
Possible but mine it totally impressive. But Hellcat and and the LCP are different kettles of fish.

Back