Toyota Tacoma's: Sellers or buyers market?

Toyota tax. One and two year old trucks selling for at or above new product retail.

10 year old trucks selling for 2/3 of their original price.

A rust free example will get top dollar. Even rusty trucks Still within the frame warranty period will get full price.

I'm in a few Ford Ranger groups on facebook and every day there's people posting that they traded in their 1.5 year old Ranger with 24000-40000 miles for MORE than they paid new! It's absolutely nuts.

I'm in a few Ford Ranger groups on facebook and every day there's people posting that they traded in their 1.5 year old Ranger with 24000-40000 miles for MORE than they paid new! It's absolutely nuts.

To be fair - I think the ranger is the best of the mid-size trucks available now. They put a great I4T and 10sp powertrain on a well developed global platform and gave it great driver ergo’s (AND decent UI and tech)!

Not a chance I look at a third gen tacoma. Even those are included in the frame warranty program. Add that to a lackluster 3.5/6speed combo and TERRIBLE ergos you’d have to drink the Toyota coolaid pretty hard to pick one. Their sales numbers just show how caught up in brand plates some folks are. Please note: I own a second gen tacoma.

I really do want one of those new Rangers and I really think they would be just about perfect for my use case. But I'm not making that type of purchase right now. And with how expensive they are used, it's just not worth it.

Back