Toyota secretive on 'black box' data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if its an issue on mainland japan relative to serious "loss of "Face"???
That is if you are a native Japanese, do you consider this a cultural failure, after all the years of "we are the best"??
And Im a Toyota owner.

Last edited:
Just waiting for the news story of someone in charge at Toyota commiting seppuku. What a nightmare to be associated with Toyota now. So glad I don't have one and never will. I had my sordid "experiences" with Toyota and Honda; never, ever, ever, again.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
Wonder if its an issue on mainland japan relative to serious "loss of "Face"???
That is if you are a native Japanese, do you consider this a cultural failure, after all the years of "we are the best"??
And Im a Toyota owner.

I imagine that it can be written off due to the hybridization of manufacturing. There are probably hard core auto workers over there that would insist that if they hadn't sent their manufacturing and part sourcing off shore ...etc..etc, that these things would not have occurred.

Basically the same sorta stuff that we would say.

This stuff is just the welcome wagon coming to say hello when you've to a very long train that has to be kept on time.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I just saw a new damage control Toyota commercial on TV the last few days. Shows a couple talking about how they love their Toyota's blah blah blah.

But how would they market their vehicles if not for the reliability? Haven't seen an exciting Supra ad in a long time for example.

A good angle of marketing is to have several parallel story arcs. Hence the geico gecko, cavemen, squirrel running across the road...

If they came out with any new campaign now, it could be seen as a retreat. A bit of a puzzle.

Calling the typical data stored in event recorders - speed, trottle angle, brake position, g forces and directions, etc., proprietary is absurd.

When you have data in your possession and control the exclusive means of access to it, and refuse to release it to interested parties, the only logical inference is that the data is incriminating.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Biased.jpg

Before we start getting all happy at the misfortune of other, we should remember that this company has done more for the American worker than the big 3... oops, big 2 have done in the last few years.

Although I must thank Chrysler for my future FIAT 500.
thumbsup2.gif

So, you call employing 8-10% of the total US automotive workforce while Ford and GM employ 65+% is doing more for the American worker?

I'm sorry, but your facts smell like where they came from....wait, you like the looks of the 500? Explains a lot....lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Scuderia

Before we start getting all happy at the misfortune of other, we should remember that this company has done more for the American worker than the big 3... oops, big 2 have done in the last few years.

thumbsup2.gif

bbbbbbut I thought that the reason the Big 3 were in so much trouble was because they did too much for their employees????
21.gif
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: opus1
Originally Posted By: Scuderia

thumbsup2.gif

bbbbbbut I thought that the reason the Big 3 were in so much trouble was because they did too much for their employees????
21.gif

YUP!
lol.gif

See, the one point that escapes all of the TOYboy/import nameplate defenders is that the very things they all adore their foreign company for (draconian efficiency, J.I.T. supply mfg., 95%+ robotics, etc.) is the VERY thing that will mean 90%+ unemployment for the U.S. (and Canadian) autoworkers, if and when they put the Big 3 out of business (like soooo many of them are more than willing/hoping to have happen
mad.gif
).

Shouts of "free trade, global economy, open markets"NOT going to help unemployed, sick, starving (and even dying) U.S. citizens.
31.gif

One cannot eat/live on/stay healthy on the foreign consumers'/defenders' economic "principles" (as much as they help/benefit the rest of the world).

Quote:

YUP!
lol.gif

See, the one point that escapes all of the TOYboy/import nameplate defenders is that the very things they all adore their foreign company for (draconian efficiency, J.I.T. supply mfg., 95%+ robotics, etc.) is the VERY thing that will mean 90%+ unemployment for the U.S. (and Canadian) autoworkers, if and when they put the Big 3 out of business (like soooo many of them are more than willing/hoping to have happen
mad.gif
).

Shouts of "free trade, global economy, open markets"NOT going to help unemployed, sick, starving (and even dying) U.S. citizens.
31.gif

One cannot eat/live on/stay healthy on the foreign consumers'/defenders' economic "principles" (as much as they help/benefit the rest of the world).

Well stated!

Not to mention that NAFTA, GATT, and WTO are unconstitutional as well. They allow foreign bodies to dictate trade policy in the USA. It is NOT allowed under our constitution. Period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back