Toyota N1 c&p

Nothing really exciting here, I run these on my 2022 Camry Hybrid for 5k miles using 0w-20 Mobil hybrid oil. 55k total miles on the car. Filter is overall pretty clean. I only found a couple of little carbon/dirt bits and two or three little metallic bits…could have been from cutting the can but IDK.

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg
IMG_3559.jpeg
IMG_3560.jpeg

I’ll have to check the dealer next time. They are a little over 7 bucks at Walmart
I think it's because Walmart has them at a price of convenience. Let's say it's a weekend and the dealer isn't open at least Walmart had the genuine Toyota filter and you were able to get the job done. But if you can plan for it, then definitely the dealer is going to be cheaper.

I think it's because Walmart has them at a price of convenience. Let's say it's a weekend and the dealer isn't open at least Walmart had the genuine Toyota filter and you were able to get the job done. But if you can plan for it, then definitely the dealer is going to be cheaper.

Negatory. It was $13 for a 90915-YZZN1 filter and drain plug washer for our non-hybrid '23 at the dealer. $2.39 was just the washer.

Negatory. It was $13 for a 90915-YZZN1 filter and drain plug washer for our non-hybrid '23 at the dealer. $2.39 was just the washer.
Every dealer seems to have a different price. The closest to me charges $9.80+tax. A little far, another dealer charges $4.28. I got 25% discount on black Friday on that $4.28. Check the prices through Toyota parts website.

@twelve Isn't your Camry rated for 0W-16? 2023 Camry Hybrid is, and I am itching to use 0W-20, but the car care nut guy suggested to stick to 0w-16 due to some clearances. How long (miles) have you been using 0w-20?

I'm probably 95% highway. I have a 125 mile round trip drive to work with most of it on interstate @ 70 mph. Still averaging 49 mpg.
That is great to hear of your MPG on that Toyota. The hybrid system must be doing something.

@twelve Isn't your Camry rated for 0W-16? 2023 Camry Hybrid is, and I am itching to use 0W-20, but the car care nut guy suggested to stick to 0w-16 due to some clearances. How long (miles) have you been using 0w-20?
Does the OM say you can use 0W-20 if 0W-16 isn't available, and to change back to 0W-16 the next oil change? If you can use 0W-20 for a whole OCI, you can use it forever. A statement like that in the OM is driven by CAFE to make you use 0W-16 as much as possible.

Every dealer seems to have a different price. The closest to me charges $9.80+tax. A little far, another dealer charges $4.28. I got 25% discount on black Friday on that $4.28. Check the prices through Toyota parts website.

When I brought it back to the dealer for its first free oil change they put 0w-20 in it. When I asked about it they told me they put 0w-20 in everything that calls for 0w-16.

It's hot down here and I'm at interstate speeds 95% of the time, so I'll take the slight edge in protection over the 16.

Back