Prime Guard POF-111 New C&P

My first time C&P so be gentle šŸ˜‚ but Iā€™m all for advice for the future. @53' Stude has inspired me lol

Picked these up a couple weeks ago at Rural King, but looks like the date code is 2022 so these might sit on the shelves for a while.

I do like the plastic over the end while in the box to prevent rust. The can is sturdy and the ā€œglueā€ end caps seem to be attached to the media well. Iā€™m not sure what the efficiency is, some confuse these with ā€œpremium guardsā€. Unless Iā€™m wrong I donā€™t think these are the same.

I am installing one of these on the old Buick for a 5k run thatā€™ll take a couple months, so Iā€™ll cut it open to see how it fairs.
IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

Yes, Prime Guard is made by Premium Guard. Looks amazing! I got hooked on these PG Prime Guards back in 2014 (10 years ago!) & was also my first cut here on BITOG. :) You didn't get the chop saw out like I did mine. Good job!

Last edited:
why do all chinese filters say " Leak tested"?
Itā€™s one of the indicators that itā€™s one of the Premiums Guard made filters. They also manufacture them in Vietnam, they say the same thing.

As far as I know it is only on Premium Guard made filters, and if you start looking you realize they make a lot of filters. They have multiple brands and countless house brands as well.

Many pages and videos on PG

That's Premium Guards signature. They pressure test them via air or water.
They pressurize them with air (or an inert gas) and then put them under water and look for leaks ... like looking for a leak in a tire inner tube. Seen a video of that in one of the filter production videos posted. Wouldn't want to put water inside the filter ... bad idea.

Back