Toyota/Lexus Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who use OEM Toyota-Denso Thailand filters, are you happy?

My Lexus uses 04152-YZZA3 and there's not alot of good alternatives, at least of what I could find.

I've used napa gold before, but for the price, I've just stayed with OEM filers - I got a case of 90915-YZZF1(Made in Thailand) filters for my Highlander for $35 on Ebay - made them about $3.50 a piece.

The wife's Yaris uses the OEM Denso and I have cut them open. I will keep using them. They look good after 5k miles on conventional oil.

Use the YZZA3 on my Lexus IS350, and they look excellent at 5,000 mile oil change intervals. If I buy two at a time from the Toyota dealership, they cost $5.99 each.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain

My Lexus uses 04152-YZZA3 and there's not alot of good alternatives, at least of what I could find.

Define good. Denso oil filters possibly have the lowest efficiency by far according to the Amsoil test. So, any aftermarket cartridge should do a better job if that's true.

I've mostly used the Toyota OEM filters on both my ECHO and Sienna since new. To date I have no excessive consumption nor has it really changed much since the beginning, I think the OEM ones are fine. Others disagree but the whole low efficiency boogey man has not been a big concern for me.

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain

Define good. Denso oil filters possibly have the lowest efficiency by far according to the Amsoil test. So, any aftermarket cartridge should do a better job if that's true.

I wouldn't believe anything Amsoil says.

I won't use anything else on my Tacoma after seeing comparisons to the OEM vs aftermarket filters. If they're good enough for Toyota who has the reputation of building some of the most dependable vehicles on the planet, they're good enough for me!

What worries me with the current Thailand-made Toyota/Denso oil filters (90915-YZZF1, 90915-YZZF2, etc.) is that I don't see much dirt captured in the media. This observation along with the Amsoil's test that puts the Thailand-made Toyota/Denso deep at the very bottom of the efficiency ratings makes me wonder if they actually do much filtration or leave most of the particles suspended in the oil.

Original Toyota oil filters used to be Nippondenso made in Japan.

These days there is little distinction between OEM, aftermarket, and private-brand oil filters.

Ten years ago Toyota used to have its OEM oil filters made in USA by companies such as Purolator or Champion Laboartories. Some are still made by these companies.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3570708/Toyota_90915-YZZG1_Made_in_the

r5wF0HX.jpg

Then they changed the USA-made 90915-YZZA2 into Thailand-made, Denso-branded 90915-YZZF2.

Regarding Denso I doubt they actually make oil filters these days. They probably have them made for themselves in third-party-owned oil-filter factories in Thailand, Japan, USA, etc.

I really like the Nippondenso (ND) OEM air filter (made in Japan) though. Its media is of really high quality (dual-layer) with shiny high-quality rings. Since it's a weird, odd-shaped air cleaner that sits on top of the carburetor, no aftermarket air filter fits quite right and as a result it leaves me worrying for dust leakage. Therefore, I stick with made-in-Japan Toyota/Nippondenso air filters. Aftermarket made-in-Japan Denso air filter seems identical save for the markings. Probably thanks to using Toyota/Nippondenso air filters and being careful with the tricky air-cleaner gaskets, I've never had much silicone in my UOAs. It did collapse once though, probably due to overtightening of the butterfly nut, and the lack of the metal mesh on the outside of the Nippondenso air filter didn't help.

There was nothing visible caught in my OEM Denso cartridge filter after 17,540 miles, except a few tiny black (carbon?) particles. Its condition was still very good.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
DENSO

Why do people do this? It's really, really annoying and contributes absolutely nothing to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back