Toyota is recalling 2018 2019 vehicles for fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
This is exactly the type of garbage I'm talking about, oh, Toyota did something stupid? We better start bashing Ford, like WTH??
crazy2.gif

That's how it always turns out to be on the Facebook pages of groups like Car & Driver, MT, etc. "But you should see the amount of GMs or Ford's recalls." BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT PEOPLE!
This sort of thing usually starts when someone who owns another brand bashes Toyota, then Toyota owners come to Toyota's defence and bash the other brand.

Toyota owners come to defense? Like recall actually does not exist? What is defense here?

When cop stops person doing 20 over in school zone, defense is not: the other guy did it too. Person still gets a ticket.
Nobody is disputing that Toyota issued a recall. I reiterate... ALL auto manufacturers have recalls, Toyota is NOT immune. It is not constructive to criticize an auto manufacturer for having to issue a recall.
The defense of Toyota by myself and others is caused by the relentless unnecessary and undeserved Toyota bashing by people like you. You are one of the primary Toyota bashers I was referring to edy. Enough already!
Your vacations obviously have not deterred your constant denigration of Toyota products and insulting of Toyota owners, but then, a corporate shill like yourself would never be deterred.

Originally Posted by Pew

On the FB pages at least it always starts off as "well *insert car company* has xx amount of recalls" or something random like "LOLOL BMW MAINTENANCE LOLOLOL."

The thing is, as Overkill pointed, forever here and on other forums, for every issue answer was: Get Toyota, get Honda etc. And if someone says: yes, but... that is when things get interesting.
I have a neighbor that whenever snows he is: It is bad, I even slid with my 4Runner. When one points that 4Runner is not really that good in snow and slick conditions, he is: It is 4Runner, it is one of the best off road vehicles. Yes, but snow...
He wants you to come to point where you have to say: yes, it is really good off road vehicle.

I hope I deciphered this right but it sounds like the driver needs more practice. If he cannot drive in the snow with a 4Runner then that has to be the case.

I have a neighbor that whenever snows he is: It is bad, I even slid with my 4Runner. When one points that 4Runner is not really that good in snow and slick conditions, he is: It is 4Runner, it is one of the best off road vehicles. Yes, but snow...
He wants you to come to point where you have to say: yes, it is really good off road vehicle.

You sure you are not making a mountain out of a molehill here? I had a neighbor once point to the front wheel on his plow truck and explain Chevies always spin the left front but Fords spin the right front.

The fact that someone says something outlandish doesn't mean much of anything. Anyone can say anything.

or are you saying all Toyota owners are stupid?

Originally Posted by supton
are you saying all Toyota owners are stupid?
That is exactly what he is implying supton. He has a history of insulting Toyota owners.

You sure you are not making a mountain out of a molehill here? I had a neighbor once point to the front wheel on his plow truck and explain Chevies always spin the left front but Fords spin the right front.

The fact that someone says something outlandish doesn't mean much of anything. Anyone can say anything.

or are you saying all Toyota owners are stupid?

Of course anyone can say anything.
I was commenting on post above.

Originally Posted by wag123
are you saying all Toyota owners are stupid?
That is exactly what he is implying supton. He has a history of insulting Toyota owners.
...while overlooking bungling by favored brands like BMW and VW.

Originally Posted by Pew

On the FB pages at least it always starts off as "well *insert car company* has xx amount of recalls" or something random like "LOLOL BMW MAINTENANCE LOLOLOL."

The thing is, as Overkill pointed, forever here and on other forums, for every issue answer was: Get Toyota, get Honda etc. And if someone says: yes, but... that is when things get interesting.

I have owned a variety of 4wd and AWD vehicles. I've lived in an area that receives heavy snowfall for all of my life (With a few stints living in other countries). What is it in your estimation that makes a 4Runner bad in snow?

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by Pew

I have owned a variety of 4wd and AWD vehicles. I've lived in an area that receives heavy snowfall for all of my life (With a few stints living in other countries). What is it in your estimation that makes a 4Runner bad in snow?

It is not bad, it is not the best vehicle in snow either. Heavy, not dynamically very good etc.
My land Cruiser is great off road, in snow, I would take any AWD vehicle with snow tires, including my Sienna over my Prado, also on snow tires.

Last edited:
All the points have been made, and we've devolved into bickering, and bashing car makers, and members, in this thread. Lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back