Toyota Denso (Thailand) FJZ80 4.5L oil filter

JHZR2

Staff member
Had a Toyota Denso filter from my brother’s 96 FJZ80. This was a 500mi oci with HPL EC, when he got it. I’m glad we started running HDEO in it because there was a bit of sludge in the filter. Engine runs perfect and is otherwise clean.

IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5030.jpeg
IMG_5033.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg
IMG_5035.jpeg
IMG_5036.jpeg

What did you change to?

I think we went FU last.
orange can with the silicone valve. no rattles. this last time I put a smaller ( ph3614 size)Denso on it. time will tell if it drains vack or not. so far its been ok. both of the toyota filters i tried like the one you posted drained in just a few hours

orange can with the silicone valve. no rattles. this last time I put a smaller ( ph3614 size)Denso on it. time will tell if it drains vack or not. so far its been ok. both of the toyota filters i tried like the one you posted drained in just a few hours
Wow, that’s a shame.

Cheaper gasket and smaller spring I guess.

Was that a whole sump of EC 30? That is a lot of particles for only 500 miles but you already know that. Do you know how many miles will be put on the HDEO before the next oil drain?

Was that a whole sump of EC 30? That is a lot of particles for only 500 miles but you already know that. Do you know how many miles will be put on the HDEO before the next oil drain?
No. It was Rotella, I think 10w-30. Maybe 15w-40. I don’t remember. Got the 1qt dose Of EC. Was just working through my backlog of filters to cut apart to recycle.

In the big scheme of things it doesn’t matter too much. This is an engine known for longevity and toughness, and is clean under the VC. I’m not concerned.

Had a Toyota Denso filter from my brother’s 96 FJZ80. This was a 500mi oci with HPL EC, when he got it. I’m glad we started running HDEO in it because there was a bit of sludge in the filter. Engine runs perfect and is otherwise clean.

View attachment 208849View attachment 208850View attachment 208851View attachment 208852View attachment 208854View attachment 208855View attachment 208856

What filter went ion? Thank You sir

Edit: I see rotella you think went in sump. Thank You

Back