Counterfeit denso oil filter or not?

Bought some things from Amazon. Needed to spend a couple more dollars to get free shipping so I clicked on an oil filter for our fjcruiser.

Got the stuff this morning. Filter looks ok. But every other denso filter I've bought was made somewhere other than China.

No coo on the can it's self. Only on the box.

I'm sure denso has a factory there too. Just got me wondering.

IMG_20240124_070010403.jpg

IMG_20240124_065940965.jpg

The filter and packaging looks to be legit to me; however, I've only seen one other DENSO oil filter before. COO for any part, OEM or aftermarket is a roll of the dice anymore.

Did you also receive the DENSO air filter for the FJ? I'm curious if it fits any better than the ones you said were too small. I wonder if heat may have caused the air filter housing to warp/expand a bit creating the gap. Seems unlikely that air filters from different manufacturing plants and brands would be out of specification without many other owners complaining online, especially on the FJ forums.

Looks legit.

For the past several years, most Denso aftermarket filters (air and oil) appear to be Chinese rebranded/repackaged, unlike the OE Toyota/Denso at the dealership.

Every denso cut open I've seen on whip city wrencher has been disappointing. I still have a few in my stash, but no longer buying them as they seem value-ish vs mid tier or premium.

The filter and packaging looks to be legit to me; however, I've only seen one other DENSO oil filter before. COO for any part, OEM or aftermarket is a roll of the dice anymore.

Did you also receive the DENSO air filter for the FJ? I'm curious if it fits any better than the ones you said were too small. I wonder if heat may have caused the air filter housing to warp/expand a bit creating the gap. Seems unlikely that air filters from different manufacturing plants and brands would be out of specification without many other owners complaining online, especially on the FJ forums.
Ya it don't fit right either. Had to be a problem with the housing.

It would be a super easy filter to fake, black can with white lettering. The aftermarket Denso filters are actually different than the Toyota branded ones - nitrile ADBV and sometimes fewer pleats.

I don’t trust anything from Amazon anymore.

But every other denso filter I've bought was made somewhere other than China.

No coo on the can it's self. Only on the box.

Every denso I have seen for quite a while has been China on the box with nothing on the canister.

Back