Toyota 1ZZ-FE Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry,it should be in the upper right hand side of the valve cover.There is a porthole with a rubber gromet in it where the PCV plugs in.There will also be a clip on one side of the PCV.

Guys,

I bought the PCV for my car today at Autozone. The part I got looks like a regular PCV valve, but this one is threaded into something....most likely the valve cover. The other end looks just like any other PCV Valve, where the hose plugs in.
I'll let you know more tomorrow.

posted by Last Z

quote:

I bought the PCV for my car today at Autozone. The part I got looks like a regular PCV valve, but this one is threaded into something....most likely the valve cover.

Yes, the PCV valve does screw into the valve cover, the 2001 Chevrolet Prizm's and Toyota Corolla's have the PCV valve that screws into the valve cover facing towards the drivers side fender wheel well. I think you will need to remove the plastic cover on the valve cover to get access to your PCV valve.

Hope all goes well.

Bill

Guys,

I finally found the darn PCV valve in the new Corollas. You need to remove the engine cover for ease. The PCV is right behing the oil filler cap and threads on the side of the valve cover.
It turns out the PCV from Autozone is the wrong size by a hair.....it doesn't want to thread in.
I dipped the old one in gasoline and shook it for a couple of minutes. The clicker inside never moved before, but afterwards it would move again, just like the one from AZ.

posted by Last_Z

quote:

It turns out the PCV from Autozone is the wrong size by a hair.....it doesn't want to thread in.

Last_Z,

Next time you need to replace something on your Corolla, call the dealer for part availability and price, you may be surprised.
I have a 1998 Chevrolet Prizm (same as the Corolla), I called Murray's (a local auto store like Autozone), Murray's wanted $13.00 and I had to wait 3 to 4 days to get the part, called the dealer, part cost $9.00 and in stock!
Same thing for the serpentine belt on the Prizm,
Murray's cost around $40.00 and had to wait to pick it up, dealer, $26.00 and in stock,
I never thought the dealer would be cheaper then a local parts store
shocked.gif

Just thought you would like to know and you can avoid getting parts that are a 'Hair off' in size,
it has to be really aggravating to go through all that trouble and not have the right part...

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back