Torque screwdriver

I torqued breaker wires to the label spec, but then later they were still needing more torque. I never understood the torque numbers on copper wires after that. That torque driver looks like a great tool.

The OP mentioned circuit breakers as a use for his torque wrench request. So there it goes. I guess I can search for why copper conductors lose their torque against the breaker screw. It seem obvious that the copper smashes down and isn’t springing back on the screw. You take the wires out and they are smashed down. I can say this legally here as cars have copper wire connections. So policemen can take a break. 😶😀😂🤣

look up"torque screwdriver" on Amazon. Lots of choices. Just because the tool is made for guns, doesn't mean it won't work on everything else.

I would never go to a gunsmith that used one of those. They should know intuitively how tight it should be.

Come on @AutoMechanic, tell us what is so funny. Those items legitimately need to be torqued.
I thought he was referring to electronics? Honestly I haven’t seen a torque screwdriver before. Asked around at some of the mechanics a few said they have heard of them but never used or owned one. I figured it’s for home repairs and stuff.

Back